|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That his credit card has been denied.
(b) That he is needed back in Boston.
(c) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(d) That Candy has been hurt.
2. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is out of the office.
(b) He is on a long distance call.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) No reason is given.
3. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She is abducted and beaten.
(c) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(d) She is blackmailed.
4. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(b) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
(c) People look different than they do in Boston.
(d) Two streets have the same name.
5. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
(c) The airport.
(d) The zoo parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
2. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
3. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
4. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
5. What did Mickey see that instigated Candy's investigation?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)