|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) By the giraffe exhibit.
(b) The departing flights zone.
(c) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(d) The Ventura Freeway.
2. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) No reason is given.
(b) He is on a long distance call.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) He is out of the office.
3. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That he is needed back in Boston.
(b) That his credit card has been denied.
(c) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(d) That Candy has been hurt.
4. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
(a) He tells her she better know her place.
(b) He tells her she is right, but begs her not to tell anyone.
(c) He tells her she worries too much.
(d) He denies the whole thing.
5. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A bill collector.
(b) His mother.
(c) A former client.
(d) His lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
2. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
3. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
4. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
5. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)