• Former client, Rachel Wallace, contacts Spenser with a client referral.
• Journalist Candy Sloan hires Spenser to act as her bodyguard as she investigates a corruption story.
• Spenser flies to Los Angeles and meets Candy Sloan.
• Mickey Rafferty tells Spenser that Candy Sloan was injured and brings him to her home.
• Candy Sloan tells Spenser she was abducted and beaten by two men in a van.
• Mickey attempts to hit Spenser but is easily overpowered.
• Mickey reveals that he witnessed a bribe between Sam Felton and a mobster.
• Spenser stays at Candy's during her recovery.
• Candy and Spenser share her accusations with Roger Hammond and are kicked out of his office.
• Roger Hammond has Candy and Spenser escorted to their cars.
• Spenser notices that he and Candy are being followed.
• Spenser learns that the man who abducted Candy also hired the man...
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)