|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Prairie flower.
2. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) Five seconds.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) One minutes.
3. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
4. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The January snow.
(b) The ice storms.
(c) The January thaw.
(d) The midwinter blizzards.
5. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
2. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
3. What or who kills the oak tree?
4. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)