|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It gives shade.
(c) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(d) It has a purple color.
2. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) A friend.
(b) Two college boys.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
3. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The woodpecker.
(b) The jackpine.
(c) The golden duck.
(d) The clay colored sparrow.
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The Pleistocene era.
5. Where do plovers nest?
(c) Under the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
2. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
3. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
4. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)