|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
2. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
(b) Prickly awns.
(c) Hard stem.
(d) Thick leaves.
3. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) It likes people.
(c) To investigate the noise.
(d) It senses danger.
4. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The plovers.
(c) The sparrows.
(d) The yellow warblers.
5. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
2. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
5. What is silphium?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)