|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie Singer meet Phillippe Parfait?
2. Where is Highbourne Shipping Company located?
3. What lands on Tully's arm when he is up in the lighthouse with Cleopatra?
4. Tully imagines that Dawn will turn up someday on the arm of a ______________.
5. What is going on the day Cleopatra dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
2. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
3. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
4. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
5. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
6. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
7. What is Willie's experience like when he first sees the Fresnal lens?
8. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
9. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
10. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Buffet's use of both traditional and non-traditional religion in A Salty Piece of Land.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)