|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Archie hide on the prison plane to be sure the bounty hunters would not return?
2. What does Waldo tell Archie and others that they are doing with Tully when they show up in the Land Rover?
3. What is the name of the caretaker of Highbourne Hill?
4. After Cleopatra tells her crew her wishes for after she dies, she says that they are all ___________.
5. Where does Willie go to look for Waltham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
2. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
3. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
4. What becomes of Lister's conch?
5. Where did the novel get its title?
6. How are Tully's concerns about Mr. Twain taken care of?
7. What is Willie's experience like when he first sees the Fresnal lens?
8. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
9. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
10. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of nature used in A Salty Piece of Land, including crocodiles, fish, pelicans, and volcanos.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)