|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Archie and the others in the Land Rover tell the bounty hunters they are looking for?
2. What is the name of the caretaker of Highbourne Hill?
3. Who does Tully try to call before the bounty hunters capture him in the bungalow in San Pedro?
4. As Tully reflects on Cleopatra's death, he compares life to what?
5. Who does Cleopatra leave Highbourne Hill to?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the circular structure of the novel. How does the structure of the novel mirror Tully's own journey?
Essay Topic 2
From the names of characters and places to outlandish events, how is A Salty Piece of Land a parody in some ways?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)