|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tully imagines that Dawn will turn up someday on the arm of a ______________.
2. What does Tully have to retrieve from Dawn's room?
3. When Tully comes to join her crew, Cleopatra tells him he smells worse than what?
4. What kind of mask does Tully wear to get past one of the bounty hunters?
5. What shatters on deck when Cleopatra dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
2. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
3. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
4. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
5. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
6. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
7. What was Tully having mixed feelings about after being rescued by Archie and his other friends?
8. What becomes of Lister's conch?
9. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
10. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the names of characters and places to outlandish events, how is A Salty Piece of Land a parody in some ways?
Essay Topic 2
Cleopatra tells Tully that the hummingbird that lands on her arm as she stands atop the Cayo Loco is off course. How does the hummingbird represent Tully? What role does Cleopatra play in Tully's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)