|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat did Cleopatra hate?
2. Where is Cleopatra buried?
3. What flowers are placed on Cleopatra's coffin?
4. What does Cleopatra call her dancing earrings?
5. How does Thelma Barson die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
2. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
3. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
4. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
5. What is Tully's opinion about Dawn's future after he is rescued from her and the Stiltons?
6. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
7. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
8. How did Cleopatra prepare for her own burial?
9. What is the story of Cleopatra's birth?
10. Why does Captain Kirk tell Tully to put on his sailing shoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the women in Tully's life and the impact each of them had on him.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)