|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tully reflects on Cleopatra's death, he compares life to what?
2. Where is Sophie's book a huge success?
3. What kind of gun did Cleopatra have aboard the Lucretia?
4. How tall is the Amedee Light?
5. What is the name of the young drummer on the Lucretia's crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tully having mixed feelings about after being rescued by Archie and his other friends?
2. Why does Cleopatra compare Tully to Odysseus?
3. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
4. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
5. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
6. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
7. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
8. How are Tully's concerns about Mr. Twain taken care of?
9. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
10. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
Essay Topic 2
From the names of characters and places to outlandish events, how is A Salty Piece of Land a parody in some ways?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)