|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shatters on deck when Cleopatra dies?
2. What does Tully give to Ix-Nay as penance?
3. Who was Tully rescued from in the end?
4. Jetfuel Joe asks Tully if he has a message from _________.
5. Cleopatra's father was captain of what ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of truth and discovery of the truth as a theme. What is ironic about this theme in a novel full of people and events who push the realms of reality?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in nearly every chapter of the novel? Is this literary device overused by Buffet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The first line of the novel states, "It all simply comes down to good guys and bad guys." Discuss the good guys and bad guys in the novel, and how Tully embodied both.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)