Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra takes Tully to a __________ in Cuba.
2. Donald Diamond's nickname was Donald the _________.
3. Who takes Tully and Ix-Nay to the Lucretia on a seaplane?
4. In the Epilogue, who is going to sail around the world?
5. Jetfuel Joe asks Tully if he has a message from _________.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Buffet's use of both traditional and non-traditional religion in A Salty Piece of Land.
Essay Topic 3
Cleopatra tells Tully that the hummingbird that lands on her arm as she stands atop the Cayo Loco is off course. How does the hummingbird represent Tully? What role does Cleopatra play in Tully's life?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)