|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hit the jackpot in Vegas?
2. What is Ix-Nay dressed as when they come to rescue Tully?
3. Who is Sophie's grandfather?
4. What does Cleopatra give Tully the night he joins her crew?
5. Who does Cleopatra leave Highbourne Hill to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
2. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
3. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
4. Where did the novel get its title?
5. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
6. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
7. Why does Cleopatra compare Tully to Odysseus?
8. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
9. How are Tully's concerns about Mr. Twain taken care of?
10. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Buffet's use of both traditional and non-traditional religion in A Salty Piece of Land.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)