|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Dalvalo worship?
2. What is going on the day Cleopatra dies?
3. How does Thelma Barson die?
4. What is the name of the young drummer on the Lucretia's crew?
5. What does Cleopatra give Tully the night he joins her crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
2. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
3. What becomes of Lister's conch?
4. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
5. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
6. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
7. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
8. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
9. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
10. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the weather phenomena seen throughout the novel and the themes weather is used to illuminate.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)