|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Dalvalo worship?
2. After Cleopatra tells her crew her wishes for after she dies, she says that they are all ___________.
3. What is Archie's Land Rover called?
4. Who comes to help Tully on Cayo Loco?
5. Ix-Nay tells Tully that there is ___________ on the road of life.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
2. What becomes of Lister's conch?
3. What is the story of Cleopatra's birth?
4. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
5. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
6. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
7. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
8. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
9. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
10. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic significance of the Fresnel lens. What are the allegorical and thematic implications of Willie Singer being the one to bring it to Tully?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Buffet's use of both traditional and non-traditional religion in A Salty Piece of Land.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)