|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra takes Tully to a __________ in Cuba.
2. Donald Diamond's nickname was Donald the _________.
3. Who takes Tully and Ix-Nay to the Lucretia on a seaplane?
4. In the Epilogue, who is going to sail around the world?
5. Jetfuel Joe asks Tully if he has a message from _________.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the circular structure of the novel. How does the structure of the novel mirror Tully's own journey?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the weather phenomena seen throughout the novel and the themes weather is used to illuminate.
Essay Topic 3
Cleopatra tells Tully that the hummingbird that lands on her arm as she stands atop the Cayo Loco is off course. How does the hummingbird represent Tully? What role does Cleopatra play in Tully's life?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)