|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleopatra give Tully the night he joins her crew?
2. What did Waltham and his father throw into the ocean to help the people of Davalo?
3. What do Archie and the others in the Land Rover tell the bounty hunters they are looking for?
4. What is going on the day Cleopatra dies?
5. When Tully comes to join her crew, Cleopatra tells him he smells worse than what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie Singer's cover story as he travels with Phillippe Parfait?
2. What is the story of Cleopatra's birth?
3. How did Cleopatra prepare for her own burial?
4. What is Willie's experience like when he first sees the Fresnal lens?
5. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
6. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
7. Why does Cleopatra compare Tully to Odysseus?
8. Why do the people of Dalvalo worship pilots?
9. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
10. Why does Captain Kirk tell Tully to put on his sailing shoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The first line of the novel states, "It all simply comes down to good guys and bad guys." Discuss the good guys and bad guys in the novel, and how Tully embodied both.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the circular structure of the novel. How does the structure of the novel mirror Tully's own journey?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)