|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ix-Nay watching when he had a vision that Tully was in trouble in San Pedro?
2. What flowers are placed on Cleopatra's coffin?
3. What lands on Tully's arm when he is up in the lighthouse with Cleopatra?
4. Where does Willie meet Jetfuel Joe?
5. What is the name of Willie Singer's plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
2. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
3. Why does Cleopatra compare Tully to Odysseus?
4. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
5. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
6. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
7. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
8. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
9. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
10. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How is the motif of returning a sailor home used throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)