|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tully leaves the party with Dawn, he is high on champagne and _________.
2. The first time Tully saw Dawn, what did he call her?
3. What is Ix-Nay dressed as when they come to rescue Tully?
4. What are Kirk and Bucky holding as they stand in the back of the Land Rover when they rescue Tully?
5. What do people bring with them when they come to visit the Cayo Loco lighthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
2. How did Cleopatra prepare for her own burial?
3. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
4. Why do the people of Dalvalo worship pilots?
5. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
6. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
7. Why does Captain Kirk tell Tully to put on his sailing shoes?
8. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
9. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
10. How are Tully's concerns about Mr. Twain taken care of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of nature used in A Salty Piece of Land, including crocodiles, fish, pelicans, and volcanos.
Essay Topic 2
How is the motif of returning a sailor home used throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)