Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra takes Tully to a __________ in Cuba.
2. Donald Diamond's nickname was Donald the _________.
3. Who takes Tully and Ix-Nay to the Lucretia on a seaplane?
4. In the Epilogue, who is going to sail around the world?
5. Jetfuel Joe asks Tully if he has a message from _________.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in nearly every chapter of the novel? Is this literary device overused by Buffet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of truth and discovery of the truth as a theme. What is ironic about this theme in a novel full of people and events who push the realms of reality?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)