|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The synchronized oaring in Cleopatra's funeral procession is a __________ custom.
2. What do people bring with them when they come to visit the Cayo Loco lighthouse?
3. Who hit the jackpot in Vegas?
4. Willie Singer pretends to be ____________ while traveling the islands in the Pacific.
5. Cleopatra's father was captain of what ship?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of the Fresnel lens. What are the allegorical and thematic implications of Willie Singer being the one to bring it to Tully?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)