|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) Older, war experienced non-coms
(b) Men he went to basic training with
(c) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(d) New recruits from Alabama
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(b) Asleep in their quarters
(c) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(d) On leave in Tokyo
3. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(b) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(c) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(d) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
4. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(d) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
5. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(b) He orders a retreat.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He lights up a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
2. How many men are on a helicopter team?
3. What do they hear about right away?
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
5. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)