|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The Cordellia
(b) The orange smoke of artillery
(c) The muddy colored river
(d) The vietnamese villages
2. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
3. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(b) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(c) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(d) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(b) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Trip wires and mines
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
2. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
4. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)