|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The mosquitos and the pythons
(b) The heat and boredom
(c) The rain and bad food
(d) The long days and short nights
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(b) Men who caused him the most grief
(c) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(d) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(b) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
(c) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(d) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting a Washington desk job
(d) Getting enough sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
4. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)