|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(b) Early morning
3. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(b) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(c) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(d) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
4. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To bolster the American economy
(b) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
(c) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(d) To abolish Communism in the world
5. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
3. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
5. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)