|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Set up an outpost.
(b) Look for snipers and take them out.
(c) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(d) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The long days and short nights
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The mosquitos and the pythons
(d) The heat and boredom
3. How many men are on a helicopter team?
4. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As financial security for the rest of his life
(c) As an easy way to make money
(d) As an occasion for excitement and danger
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
3. What is the first offensive mission?
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
5. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)