|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(b) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(c) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(d) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The mosquitos and the pythons
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The heat and boredom
(d) The long days and short nights
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(b) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(c) That there is never enough time to relax.
(d) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
4. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(b) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(c) How frightened she looks.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
5. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(b) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(c) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
(d) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
2. What is the first offensive mission?
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
4. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
5. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)