|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Seoul, Korea
(c) The Philippines
(d) Danang, Vietnam
2. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(b) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(c) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
(d) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
3. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(c) Early morning
4. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(b) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(b) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(c) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(d) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
3. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
4. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
5. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)