|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) The food improves with better suply lines.
2. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(b) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(c) Suicides and in-fighting
(d) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
3. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(b) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(c) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
(d) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
4. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting a Washington desk job
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Drinking and partying
5. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Camp Pendleton, CA
(b) Ft. Bragg, NC
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) Fort Hood, TX
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)