|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(b) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
(c) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(d) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(b) On leave in Tokyo
(c) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(d) Asleep in their quarters
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) There are just too many to find all of them.
(b) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(c) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(d) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
4. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hide and ambush
(b) Advance and wait
(c) Hit and run
(d) Search and destroy
5. How many men are on a helicopter team?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
4. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)