|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(c) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) On leave in Tokyo
(b) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(c) Asleep in their quarters
(d) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
(b) That they would all be killed.
(c) That it was just another drill.
(d) That they could win the war alone.
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(b) She won't do it but her sister will!
(c) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(d) Remember the Alamo!
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting a Washington desk job
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting the approval of his superiors
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
4. Where is Caputo's first command?
5. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)