|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(b) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(b) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(c) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
3. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) She won't do it but her sister will!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) They want to be sure they know what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
2. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
3. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
5. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)