|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) The Philippines
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) Okinawa, Japan
3. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(b) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(c) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(d) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
4. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(b) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
(c) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(d) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As financial security for the rest of his life
(c) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(d) As an easy way to make money
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
2. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
5. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)