|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The prostitutes
(b) The chaplains
(c) The telephone operators
(d) The messhall cooks
2. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
3. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
(b) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(c) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(d) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
4. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Danang, Vietnam
(b) Seoul, Korea
(c) The Philippines
(d) Okinawa, Japan
5. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The calm before the storm
(b) A subtle kind of mind control
(c) A little bit of hell
(d) The last torture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
2. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
3. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
4. What is the first offensive mission?
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)