|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
2. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
3. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) A little bit of hell
(b) The last torture
(c) A subtle kind of mind control
(d) The calm before the storm
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(b) They all have the same tattoos.
(c) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(d) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They do hours of calisthenics.
(b) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
2. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
4. Where is Caputo's first command?
5. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)