|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He goes through basic training.
(b) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(c) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(d) He attends college classes.
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
3. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The long days and short nights
(b) The heat and boredom
(c) The mosquitos and the pythons
(d) The rain and bad food
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Remember the Alamo!
(b) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(c) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
5. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Camp Pendleton, CA
(b) Ft. Bragg, NC
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Quantico, VA
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
3. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
5. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)