|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) NCO School
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The messhall cooks
(b) The chaplains
(c) The prostitutes
(d) The telephone operators
3. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(b) To abolish Communism in the world
(c) To bolster the American economy
(d) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
4. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(b) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(c) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(d) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(b) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
2. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
3. What do they hear about right away?
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
5. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)