|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
3. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(b) Asleep in their quarters
(c) On leave in Tokyo
(d) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
4. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(b) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(c) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(d) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
5. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
(b) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(c) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
(d) They are all captured and shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first offensive mission?
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
3. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
4. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)