|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As knights in shining armor
(b) As frightened school kids
(c) As unprepared for combat
(d) As boy scouts on a hike
2. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(c) Look for snipers and take them out.
(d) Set up an outpost.
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Reading field manuals
(d) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(b) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(c) He suspects an ambush.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
5. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The last torture
(b) A little bit of hell
(c) A subtle kind of mind control
(d) The calm before the storm
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
4. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
5. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)