|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Trip wires and mines
(d) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to light up a cigarette
(b) Not to shout orders to his men
(c) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(d) Not to lead a forced march
3. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(b) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(c) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
(d) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Suicides and in-fighting
(c) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(d) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
5. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(b) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(c) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(d) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
2. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
4. What is Big Ivan?
5. What is the first offensive mission?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)