|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hit and run
(b) Search and destroy
(c) Advance and wait
(d) Hide and ambush
2. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
3. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(b) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(c) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(d) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(c) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(b) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
4. What do they hear about right away?
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)