|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Phil Caputo
(b) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(c) Captain Johnson
(d) Colonel Anderson
2. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
(b) Damaged immune system
(c) Probable brain damage
3. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(c) They had gone on a night training hike.
(d) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
4. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(b) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(c) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(d) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
5. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Strip off their uniforms
(b) Hose them down
(c) Throw loose dust on them
(d) Brush the dirt off
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
2. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
4. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
5. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)