|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The vietnamese villages
(b) The muddy colored river
(c) The orange smoke of artillery
(d) The Cordellia
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(b) On leave in Tokyo
(c) Asleep in their quarters
(d) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
3. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(b) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(c) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(d) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
4. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) Older, war experienced non-coms
(b) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(c) New recruits from Alabama
(d) Men he went to basic training with
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How frightened she looks.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
3. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
5. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)