|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Reading field manuals
2. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
(b) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(c) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(d) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
3. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(b) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
(c) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(d) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
4. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(b) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(c) He attends college classes.
(d) He goes through basic training.
5. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(b) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(c) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(d) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
2. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
4. What does Caputo call the training for war?
5. What do they hear about right away?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)