Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
(a) It comes from recall of Marines to other war fronts.
(b) It happens with a large number of desertions.
(c) It comes through serious diseases.
(d) It is inflicted by the enemy and by themselves.
2. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(b) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
(c) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
(d) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
3. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(c) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(d) Suicides and in-fighting
4. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
5. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) Riding in a convoy truck
(b) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(c) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(d) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
Short Answer Questions
1. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
2. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
3. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
5. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)