|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
(a) He punches out a PFC for talking back to him.
(b) He orders the men to drop and do pushups for him.
(c) He shouts at them for having dirty uniforms.
(d) He pulls a rifle inspection on the line and reams out the whole platoon.
2. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Look for snipers and take them out.
(c) Set up an outpost.
(d) Find a battalion and destroy it.
3. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) An old farmer
(b) Some boys catching frogs
(c) A water buffalo
(d) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
4. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
(b) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
(c) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
(d) Types of weapons used at short range
5. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(b) Trip wires and mines
(c) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(d) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. What is Big Ivan?
3. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)