|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(b) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(c) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(d) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
2. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) There is no time to count them in the field.
(b) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(c) To make sure none of them are Americans.
(d) To make sure they are actually dead.
3. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(b) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(b) To remind everyone why they are here.
(c) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(d) To show the clerks what war looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
2. What are SLJOs?
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
5. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)