|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
2. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) Twleve lost souls
(b) A dozen letters he has to write
(c) A dozen more prayers
(d) Twelve grieving families in America
3. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(c) Regimental Mess Officer
(d) Regimental Legal Officer
4. What does GSW stand for?
(a) Gunshot wound
(b) Good strong workers
(c) Gold standard weapons
(d) Gone south for the winter
5. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(b) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(c) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(d) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
2. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
3. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
5. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)