|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) At least ten hours a day
(b) Two hours in the mornings
(c) Three or four hours
(d) Six to eight hours per day
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Trip wires and mines
3. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The base HQ comes under fire.
(b) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(c) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(d) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
4. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) A dozen more prayers
(b) Twelve grieving families in America
(c) Twleve lost souls
(d) A dozen letters he has to write
5. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The US Embassy in Saigon
(b) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(c) The provencial governments in the country
(d) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
2. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
4. What are SLJOs?
5. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)