|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Legal Officer
(c) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(d) Regimental Mess Officer
2. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
(b) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
(c) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(d) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(b) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(c) To show the clerks what war looks like.
(d) To remind everyone why they are here.
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Trip wires and mines
(d) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(b) Constant sniper fire
(c) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(d) Muddy rice paddies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
2. What does GSW stand for?
3. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)