|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
(b) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(c) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
(d) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trip wires and mines
(b) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
3. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) Some boys catching frogs
(b) A water buffalo
(c) An old farmer
(d) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
4. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(b) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
5. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
(a) He shouts at them for having dirty uniforms.
(b) He punches out a PFC for talking back to him.
(c) He orders the men to drop and do pushups for him.
(d) He pulls a rifle inspection on the line and reams out the whole platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
4. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
5. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)