|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To remind everyone why they are here.
(b) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(c) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(d) To show the clerks what war looks like.
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trip wires and mines
(b) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(c) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(d) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(b) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(c) Constant sniper fire
(d) Muddy rice paddies
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He suspects an ambush.
(d) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How frightened she looks.
(b) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(c) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(d) How she covers her face with a scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
2. What are WIAs and KIAs?
3. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
4. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
5. What are SLJOs?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)