|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(c) Early morning
2. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Brush the dirt off
(b) Strip off their uniforms
(c) Hose them down
(d) Throw loose dust on them
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The vietnamese villages
(b) The muddy colored river
(c) The Cordellia
(d) The orange smoke of artillery
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Trip wires and mines
(c) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(d) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
5. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) To make sure they are actually dead.
(b) There is no time to count them in the field.
(c) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
2. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
3. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
4. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
5. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)