|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once free from the chockstone, what is on Ralston's mind?
(a) Get to water as soon as possible.
(b) Hike out as soon as possible.
(c) Rest to restore energy for his hike out.
(d) Go to the bathroom.
2. Despite missing Ralston at the trailhead, the two hikers figure they see Ralston again at a party. Where is the party?
(a) Granary Spring Trailhead.
(b) Goblin Valley.
(c) Boulder, Colorado.
3. When getting too confident at Slick Rock Trail, what happens to Ralston?
(a) In the middle of hopping between boulders, he slips into a crack and rolls his ankle.
(b) He slams into a sand trap face forward.
(c) He gets stuck on a climb and has to retreat and reroute himself.
(d) He falls head first into a snow pile when trying to show off on his skis.
4. What importance does the Elk Mountains Grand Traverse play in Ralston's life?
(a) It is his first Colorado winter fourteener.
(b) It is a ski race Ralston and a friend finish in inclement weather.
(c) It is where he wins his first ski race.
(d) It is where his friend almost sdue to an avalanche.
5. What causes Ralston to have an erratic heartbeat and sunken eyes?
(b) Infection from an open wound.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Old burritos.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an effort to free himself once more, what does Ralston successfully do on the fourth day?
2. What stops Brad and Leah from going to the Saturday party?
3. By what time is the first helicopter on the lookout for Ralston?
4. What is one of Ralston's motivations to hike Negro Bill Canyon?
5. Who does Mrs. Ralston recruit to help her decide what to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. As time continues in the canyon, what does Ralston's water supply mean to him?
2. What does Ralston realize about his arm that causes him to panic and wildly thrash around trying to free himself?
3. What is Ralston's agenda between leaving his house on Spruce Street on Thursday and the Saturday he becomes trapped in the canyon?
4. How does Emery County know to send a helicopter even before they find Ralston?
5. What happens after the amputation that eventually leads Ralston to the helicopter?
6. How does Ralston's trances help him?
7. What characteristics of Ralston returns once safe in the helicopter and hospital?
8. Describe the sequence of events the leads to locating Ralston's truck.
9. Summarize the two hikers' weekend after they leave Ralston in the canyon, right before his entrapment. Note the circumstances that affects the timing of Ralston's rescue.
10. Other than taste, what other factors does Ralston have to consider when deciding on whether to drink his urine?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)