|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the original Aspen Police contact Brian and Mrs. Ralston work with to find Ralston?
(a) Jason Halladay.
(b) Eric Ross.
(c) Dan Heinrich.
(d) Adam Crider.
2. On the Saturday Ralston gets trapped, what does he plan to check out during the hike?
(a) Future mountain biking trails.
(b) Natural bridges.
(d) Photo opportunities of sunsets.
3. On day four, Ralston passes time by doing what?
(a) Chipping away the chockstone.
(b) Reminiscing about old times and friends to the video camera.
(c) Listening to his Phish CD.
(d) Etching games of tic-tac-toe on the wall.
4. What does Ralston compare his trances and reality to?
(a) A plot for a Stephen King book.
(b) "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens.
(c) "It's A Wonderful Life" starring Ralston.
(d) His trances are like heaven, his reality hell.
5. What sign leads Ralston to believe he is not yet fully dehydrated?
(a) The cuts from hammering actually bleed.
(b) He produces saliva.
(c) He continues to have urges to urinate.
(d) He is able to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When getting too confident at Slick Rock Trail, what happens to Ralston?
2. What promising information does Jason Halladay provide?
3. What is one of Ralston's motivations to hike Negro Bill Canyon?
4. What do the mosquitoes indicate to Ralston?
5. How does Steve from the Albuquerque Mountain Rescue Council help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe common themes in Ralston's memories.
2. How does Ralston's trances help him?
3. How does Donna react to Brian's initial phone call? How does her reaction compare to Ralston's characteristics?
4. Once Ralston is missing, how does his friends handle the situation?
5. Summarize Brad and Leah's weekend after leaving Ralston near Mount Sopris. Note the circumstances that affects the timing of Ralston's rescue.
6. Other than taste, what other factors does Ralston have to consider when deciding on whether to drink his urine?
7. What is Elliot's role in the search for Ralston?
8. What is Ralston's agenda between leaving his house on Spruce Street on Thursday and the Saturday he becomes trapped in the canyon?
9. What does Ralston realize about his arm that causes him to panic and wildly thrash around trying to free himself?
10. Describe the sequence of events the leads to locating Ralston's truck.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)