|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Ralston recruit to help her decide what to do?
(c) Mr. Ralston.
2. During the weekend Ralston gets trapped, where does he originally plan to go?
(a) Mount of the Holy Cross.
(b) Mount Sopris.
(c) Longs Peak.
(d) Quandary Peak.
3. During one of Ralston's attempt to amputate his arm, how does he react to the puncture?
(a) He panics and finishes off his water by pouring it over his wound.
(b) He compares it to a dissection from school days.
(c) He cannot feel the pain, so continues to try and cut the bones.
(d) He puts himself into shock.
4. What does Ralston do to conserve his water supply on his hike out?
(a) Keep water in his mouth.
(b) Take sips only.
(c) Refill every hour.
(d) Urinate in his reservoir.
5. What does Ralston discover when he pokes his pinned thumb?
(a) There is gangrene.
(b) The feeling returns to his hand.
(c) Gases release and it is decomposing faster than he thinks.
(d) He can no longer feel his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Ralston when Brian notifies his wife of their missing son?
2. What information does Elliot attempt to get from the Denali National Park Service?
3. What promising information does Jason Halladay provide?
4. Once free from the chockstone, what is on Ralston's mind?
5. Who is the original Aspen Police contact Brian and Mrs. Ralston work with to find Ralston?
Short Essay Questions
1. From Ralston's perspective, what significance is there in knowing what his friends are doing during his entrapment?
2. How does Emery County know to send a helicopter even before they find Ralston?
3. Describe common themes in Ralston's memories.
4. What happens after the amputation that eventually leads Ralston to the helicopter?
5. How does Steve Patchett help with the search from New Mexico?
6. Describe the sequence of events the leads to locating Ralston's truck.
7. What does Leona sense about Ralston's current situation from Boulder?
8. How does Ralston's trances help him?
9. What training does Ralston do within a 60 hour period that tells him he is ready for his Denali trip?
10. What is the feeling and mood of Ralston's trances?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)