|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralston do to try and keep himself warm?
(a) Ralston tucks his limbs into his clothing.
(b) Ralston rubs his legs and arms with his hand.
(c) Ralston places the Camelbak above him as a windshield.
(d) Ralston puts on his Camelbak.
2. What does Ralston realize about his pinned limb?
(a) The limb is no longer salvageable.
(b) The limb can still move.
(c) Ralston still has feelings in it.
(d) The limb can still be saved if the chockstone is carefully removed.
3. What does Ralston make out of the elastic tubing insulation from his Camelbak?
(a) A tourniquet.
(b) A noose.
(c) An animal trap.
(d) A pulley.
4. John Griffith is known to head for what destination?
(a) Blue John Canyon.
(b) Lee's Ferry.
(c) Roost Canyon.
5. What does Ralston do with his urine by day three in the canyon?
(a) He drinks sips of it to survive.
(b) He saves it as future hydration.
(c) He does not have the need to urinate due to dehydration.
(d) He tries to urinate as far away as possible to prevent odors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of this gang?
2. As a raft guide, Ralston takes his friends on a night trip to what canyon?
3. John Griffith is last seen in what year?
4. How does Ralston document his ordeal?
5. What is the average survival time without water in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of all of Ralston's climbs, Humphrey's Peak is one of the more memorable. What is important about the Humphrey's Peak climb?
2. Describe John Griffith's skills that help him survive the wild west.
3. Ralston responds to his near-drowning in a couple different ways. How does his discussion with his sister differ from the way he reacts in front of his friends.
4. Why is it be natural for Betty Darr to come up in Ralston's mind during his entrapment?
5. Describe Ralston's first taping on his video recorder in the canyon.
6. What becomes of the second rate Wild Bunch boys from Roost Canyon?
7. What remedy does Ralston give himself after sustaining an injury on Capitol Peak instead of going to the hospital?
8. Although Ralston usually prepares himself before setting out on his adventures, what event(s) occur(s) at Havasupai that shows Ralston does not always look before he leaps?
9. What "clothing" does Ralston makeshift for himself to keep warm at night? What else does he do to stay warm from the chill?
10. What does the sheriff's posse think of the outlaws?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)