|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger does Ralston notice on his descent from Capitol Peak?
(a) Signs of dehydration.
(b) Signs of frostbite.
(c) Signs of hypothermia.
(d) Signs of confusion.
2. What is the "sun salute"?
(a) Ralston reaches out to feel direct sun rays on his legs.
(b) Ralston salutes the sun every morning, happy to see it.
(c) A favorite marching band song Ralston hums to keep himself busy.
(d) Ralston calls out "Good morning sun!" at 8:15 AM every morning since being trapped.
3. Where is Ralston's first solo overnight trip?
(a) Great Teton.
(b) Little Teton.
(c) Medium Teton.
(d) Middle Teton.
4. What disease does Betty contract as a child?
5. With what famous gang does the person bearing this region's name run with?
(a) The Wild Bunch.
(b) The Crazy Bunch.
(c) Harris's Cattle Ranchers.
(d) The Wild Westerners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ralston saved from the river?
2. To keep some form of control, what is one relatively trivial thing Ralston does?
3. Why does Ralston acknowledge Warren MacDonald in his time of entrapment?
4. Ralston's fascination with canyons stems from what time in his life?
5. What is Ralston's biggest risk that can cause his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jack Moore connected to Butch Cassidy?
2. What does the sheriff's posse think of the outlaws?
3. What does Ralston consider his morning routine and why is it important to him?
4. What does "Geologic Time Includes Now" mean?
5. Describe Ralston's first taping on his video recorder in the canyon.
6. What missed opportunity does Ralston have to prevent his entrapment?
7. What are some of the possible outcomes when Ralston initially ponders after he pins his arm?
8. What is Ralston's educational and professional route after high school?
9. Although Ralston is adventurous, what are some instances in which he shows his rational side before jumping into situations?
10. What external events serve as a reminder to Ralston that he is lucky despite his risky adventures?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)