|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "A Farewell to Arm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Ralston from amputating his arm this time?
(a) He considers the possibility of still saving his limb.
(b) He passes out.
(c) The tourniquet keeps getting loose.
(d) He has no tools to cut his bones.
2. After sitting for fifteen minutes, what begins to happen to Ralston's legs?
(a) Ralston hurts his right ankle as he swings it.
(b) His legs get cramped with restricted blood flow.
(c) His legs begin to form clots.
(d) His legs get tender from the material cutting into his legs.
3. Sonja spends Thanksgiving camping at Havasupai Canyon with whom?
(a) Ralston, Jean-Marc, and Chad.
(b) The entire family.
(c) Her brother and old high school friends.
(d) Aron Ralston.
4. What danger does Ralston notice on his descent from Capitol Peak?
(a) Signs of dehydration.
(b) Signs of hypothermia.
(c) Signs of confusion.
(d) Signs of frostbite.
5. What is different about his last trance compared to all the other previous trances?
(a) Ralston is an active participant in the last trance.
(b) Ralston is able to control the direction on his own without a guide.
(c) Ralston feels he is present in both planes, the imaginary and the reality.
(d) Ralston is able to speak with the people he sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralston use his rope bag to keep warm?
2. What are Donna and Ann working on back in Denver?
3. As a raft guide, Ralston takes his friends on a night trip to what canyon?
4. What is the average survival time without water in the desert?
5. In the middle of recording on his video camera, he states "even if I see Wednesday." What does this mean to Ralston?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)