|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Day Six: Enlightenment and Euphoria".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Ralston and her friend attempt to get information on her son's whereabouts?
(a) They call all his friends.
(b) They call his sister.
(c) They hack into his email.
(d) They get his credit card and debit card information.
2. How does Ralston sometimes enter another world in his trances?
(a) The chockstone lifts itself, exposing another world on the other side.
(b) The canyon wall opens up to another plane.
(c) He feels himself falling to another plane.
(d) He is lifted in flight with a guide in white.
3. On day four, Ralston passes time by doing what?
(a) Chipping away the chockstone.
(b) Etching games of tic-tac-toe on the wall.
(c) Reminiscing about old times and friends to the video camera.
(d) Listening to his Phish CD.
4. What is the average survival time without water in the desert?
(a) Four to five days.
(b) Five to six days.
(c) Two to three days.
(d) Three to four days.
5. In 1989, Ralston participates in an outdoor adventure camp that includes what activities?
(a) Rock climbing, white water rafting, and horseback riding.
(b) Skiing, mountain biking, and kayaking.
(c) Horseback riding, rock climbing, and mountain biking.
(d) Ice climbing, rock climbing, and navigation skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Griffith's first job?
2. What is different about his last trance compared to all the other previous trances?
3. How does Ralston use his rope bag to keep warm?
4. What does Ralston see overhead the next morning as he chips away at the chockstone?
5. How does John Griffith get his nickname?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)