|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Day Six: Enlightenment and Euphoria".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralston imagine hell to be like?
(a) A cold, desolate desert where warmth is a faint star far away.
(b) A lonely, empty, cavernous room with no sleep.
(c) A fiery cell with close, yet so far away, images of friends and family.
(d) Despair wrapped in loneliness.
2. What danger does Ralston notice on his descent from Capitol Peak?
(a) Signs of confusion.
(b) Signs of hypothermia.
(c) Signs of frostbite.
(d) Signs of dehydration.
3. When climbing Humphrey's Peak, what danger does Ralston encounter?
(a) A cougar.
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) An avalanche.
4. On the way to the party, what stops the two hikers from going?
(a) Their van gets a flat tire.
(b) They cannot find a place to sleep close to the party.
(c) They cannot find the party.
(d) They have an early morning the next day.
5. What causes Ralston's left hand to swell?
(a) The heat.
(b) The pressure of the knife trying to chip away the chockstone.
(c) Hitting his hand with a rock when trying to hammer the knife.
(d) The chockstone hit his hand before pinning him.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Tuesday evening, who calls the police to file a missing persons report.
2. Sonja spends Thanksgiving camping at Havasupai Canyon with whom?
3. Near the beginning of Ralston's hike, he meets which other hikers?
4. How does Leona find out that Ralston never shows to work?
5. One of the hikers mentions that the pictures in the book "Canyon Hiking Guide to the Colorado Plateau" look like what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)