|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Day Five: Trance Sanctuary".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralston dub his new goal after finishing all the fourteeners in Colorado during summertime?
(a) Top 100.
(b) The Centennial State.
(c) Winter fourteens.
2. When Ralston recounts his adventures, how does his friend react?
(a) He is impressed and jealous.
(b) Unimpressed, he reminds Ralston "as long as it makes you happy."
(c) He invites Ralston on an upcoming climbing trip.
(d) He tries to tell a more impressive story.
3. During a hike at Havasupai Canyon, what happens to Ralston near Beaver Falls?
(a) Trips over the edge of a log dam and falls into nearby cacti.
(b) Falls into the river and almost drowns.
(c) Swims into a beaver lodge and encounters angry tenants.
(d) Falls into prickly-pear cacti.
4. Considering Ralston's rations by day three, how much longer does he expect to survive?
(a) One day.
(b) Three to four days.
(c) Two to three days.
(d) One to two days.
5. During Ralston's predicament when surveying a ski race route, what does he have to do?
(a) Make a snow cave and wait for five hours until safe.
(b) Climb a tree and wait for three hours until safe.
(c) Click out and carry his skis.
(d) Drag an ice axe onto bare rock during a fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ralston attempts to hammer the blade with a large rock?
2. What stops Brad and Leah from going to the Saturday party?
3. Despite missing Ralston at the trailhead, the two hikers figure they see Ralston again at a party. Where is the party?
4. How does Ralston sometimes enter another world in his trances?
5. Previously, Ralston asks for guidance and direction to understand why he is in this situation. However, by day four, Ralston prays for what?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)