|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Day Five: Trance Sanctuary".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the halfway point of the canyon, Ralston must rappel down what?
(a) The Big Ditch.
(b) The Deep Gulch.
(c) The Big Drop.
(d) The Long Fall.
2. What does Ralston realize about his pinned limb?
(a) The limb is no longer salvageable.
(b) The limb can still be saved if the chockstone is carefully removed.
(c) Ralston still has feelings in it.
(d) The limb can still move.
3. What conservationist author does Ralston and the other hikers admire?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Rachel Carson.
(c) Edward Abbey.
(d) John Muir.
4. Who is the last to be retrieved from the avalanche?
(a) The emergency crew.
5. What does Ralston see overhead the next morning as he chips away at the chockstone?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ralston find work in Aspen?
2. What happens when Ralston attempts to hammer the blade with a large rock?
3. What is the name of the first "fourteener" Ralston climbs with his friend?
4. Considering Ralston's rations by day three, how much longer does he expect to survive?
5. John Griffith is known to head for what destination?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)