|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Day Three: 'Push on Till the Day"'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once in the water, what happens to Ralston?
(a) He forgets how to swim.
(b) He gets caught in the main current.
(c) He gets thrown into large boulders.
(d) He gets feet caught between rocks.
2. In Spring of 2002, Ralston quits Intel to do what?
(a) Finish climbing all the "fourteeners".
(b) Climb Denali.
(c) Climb Everest.
(d) Move to the Andes.
3. How does John Griffith get his nickname?
(a) He always wears blue jeans.
(b) He has a dog named Blue.
(c) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(d) He always has a frown on his face.
4. What part of Ralston's arm is crushed between the boulder and the canyon wall?
(a) Near the wrist.
(b) The top of the palm.
(c) Just above the elbow.
(d) At the shoulder.
5. Who is the leader of this gang?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) John Griffith.
(c) Silver Tip.
(d) Indian Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conserving water, how often does Ralston takes sips in the beginning of his entrapment?
2. Ralston attends what university?
3. After the near drowning incident, what does Ralston share with Sonja that night?
4. Ralston decides to amputate his limb. What does he first use to try to make a tourniquet?
5. Who is the region in which Ralston is trapped named after?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)