|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "Day Three: 'Push on Till the Day"'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the ranger at Teton, what do you do if you decide to throw rocks at a black bear?
(a) Throw and run.
(b) Hide in the bushes and ambush the bear with lots of rocks.
(c) Shout, wave your arms in the air, stomp aggressively, then throw the rocks.
(d) Say, "Hey you! Stop following me," then throw rocks.
2. John Griffith is known to head for what destination?
(a) Blue John Canyon.
(b) Lee's Ferry.
(c) Roost Canyon.
3. Why does Ralston acknowledge Warren MacDonald in his time of entrapment?
(a) MacDonald is the first to climb all the fourteeners of Colorado.
(b) MacDonald is a world-renowned orthopedic surgeon.
(c) MacDonald loses his limbs in a hiking accident.
(d) MacDonald has his arms amputated during the Korean War.
4. In his first log, what is one thing Ralston mentions?
(a) The two hikers he meets on this trip.
(b) Memories of climbing the "fourteeners".
(c) How he gets to where he is at now.
(d) Plans on how to get out.
5. In Spring of 2002, Ralston quits Intel to do what?
(a) Climb Denali.
(b) Climb Everest.
(c) Finish climbing all the "fourteeners".
(d) Move to the Andes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ralston's first backpacking trip?
2. What is John Griffith's first job?
3. What danger does Ralston notice on his descent from Capitol Peak?
4. Sonja moves to what state for college?
5. What is the name of the first "fourteener" Ralston climbs with his friend?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)