|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Day Two: Failing Options".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the region in which Ralston is trapped named after?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) Indian Ed.
(c) John Griffith.
(d) Mr. Griffin.
2. What does Ralston start to hear that causes him to yell?
(a) Sonja's voice.
(b) A screeching raven.
(c) Flapping wings of a large vulture.
(d) Far off voices.
3. Conserving water, how often does Ralston takes sips in the beginning of his entrapment?
(a) Every two hours.
(b) Once an hour.
(c) Every 90 minutes.
(d) After each successful flake is chipped away.
4. How is Ralston saved from the river?
(a) Ralston eventually swims to the riverbank.
(b) Friends pull Ralston in with a rope.
(c) Chad dives in to save Ralston.
(d) Jean-March dives in to save Ralston.
5. After the near drowning incident, what does Ralston share with Sonja that night?
(b) Ralston confides his fear of dying in the river.
(c) Ralston states that it is the coolest thing he's ever done.
(d) Ralston reports how he no longer wants to solo climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ralston's first solo overnight trip?
2. What does Ralston decide to do as Chad takes photos of Havasupai Creek?
3. What happens when Ralston attempts to hammer the blade with a large rock?
4. According to the ranger at Teton, what do you do if you decide to throw rocks at a black bear?
5. What character is used to indicate the location of the party Ralston mentions to the other hikers?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)