|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Day Two: Failing Options".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralston is able to make a seat out of what?
(a) A large boulder nearby.
(b) A concave divot in the wall.
(c) Ralston ties his ropes into a makeshift sitting-hammock.
(d) The harness and rappelling gear.
2. What happens when Ralston attempts to hammer the blade with a large rock?
(a) Ralston misses and creates a large bruise.
(b) The rock breaks to pieces in his hands.
(c) The rock wedges the blade into the boulder.
(d) The rock flicks the knife into a hole at his feet.
3. During this nighttime rafting trip, how does Ralston discern whether there are rapids in the dark?
(a) Ralston tests the waters with his oars.
(b) If the stars reflect off the water, it is calm.
(c) Ralston memorizes the rapids from earlier trips.
(d) By sitting in front to listen ahead.
4. Ralston is employed by what company after graduation?
5. What part of Ralston's arm is crushed between the boulder and the canyon wall?
(a) Just above the elbow.
(b) Near the wrist.
(c) The top of the palm.
(d) At the shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralston start to hear that causes him to yell?
2. What does Ralston realize about the noises he hears?
3. What is the average survival time without water in the desert?
4. One of the hikers mentions that the pictures in the book "Canyon Hiking Guide to the Colorado Plateau" look like what?
5. What causes Ralston's left hand to swell?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)