|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "The Night Shift".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the listed items, which is found in Ralston's pack?
(a) A folding knife.
(b) An emergency candle.
(c) An emergency blanket.
(d) A multi-tool.
2. Back in solitude, Ralston listens to what band on his CD player?
(c) Dave Matthews Band.
3. In 1989, Ralston participates in an outdoor adventure camp that includes what activities?
(a) Skiing, mountain biking, and kayaking.
(b) Ice climbing, rock climbing, and navigation skills.
(c) Horseback riding, rock climbing, and mountain biking.
(d) Rock climbing, white water rafting, and horseback riding.
4. What conservationist author does Ralston and the other hikers admire?
(a) John Muir.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Rachel Carson.
(d) Edward Abbey.
5. Where is Ralston's first backpacking trip?
(a) Rocky Mountain National Park.
(b) Glacier National Park.
(c) Grand Teton National Park.
(d) Yosemite National Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralston attends what university?
2. During this nighttime rafting trip, how does Ralston discern whether there are rapids in the dark?
3. Ralston is able to make a seat out of what?
4. To keep some form of control, what is one relatively trivial thing Ralston does?
5. What does Ralston find and pick up to stick in his hat while hiking?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)