|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "Beginnings".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what famous gang does the person bearing this region's name run with?
(a) The Wild Westerners.
(b) The Wild Bunch.
(c) The Crazy Bunch.
(d) Harris's Cattle Ranchers.
2. What part of Ralston's arm is crushed between the boulder and the canyon wall?
(a) Near the wrist.
(b) At the shoulder.
(c) Just above the elbow.
(d) The top of the palm.
3. What is the name of the first "fourteener" Ralston climbs with his friend?
(a) Longs Peak.
(b) Randall Peak.
(c) Twin Peaks.
(d) Lilly Peak.
4. Ralston attends what university?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) Penn State.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) University of Pittsburgh.
5. What is the name of the place in which Ralston is trapped?
(a) Blue John Gap.
(b) Blue John Canyon.
(c) Red Canyon.
(d) Boulder Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the halfway point of the canyon, Ralston must rappel down what?
2. Who is the region in which Ralston is trapped named after?
3. One of the hikers mentions that the pictures in the book "Canyon Hiking Guide to the Colorado Plateau" look like what?
4. Where is Ralston's first backpacking trip?
5. Indian Ed is suspected to go to what state after the gang's separation?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)