|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "How to Become a Retired Engineer in Just Five Short Years".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark teaches Aron what skills for future climbing adventures?
(a) Rock climbing, avalanche awareness, and rope work.
(b) Rock climbing, wilderness first aid, and rope work.
(c) Avalanche awareness, orienteering, and what to do during predator encounters.
(d) Orienteering, rock climbing, wilderness first aid.
2. Ralston is able to make a seat out of what?
(a) A large boulder nearby.
(b) Ralston ties his ropes into a makeshift sitting-hammock.
(c) A concave divot in the wall.
(d) The harness and rappelling gear.
3. What does Ralston see overhead the next morning as he chips away at the chockstone?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A raven.
4. During a hike at Havasupai Canyon, what happens to Ralston near Beaver Falls?
(a) Swims into a beaver lodge and encounters angry tenants.
(b) Falls into prickly-pear cacti.
(c) Trips over the edge of a log dam and falls into nearby cacti.
(d) Falls into the river and almost drowns.
5. What disease does Betty contract as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralston reminisces about which family friend that is known to be full of positive thinking and attitude?
2. Who is the region in which Ralston is trapped named after?
3. Ralston joins what school club when he moves to Colorado?
4. Where is Ralston's first backpacking trip?
5. Who is the leader of this gang?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)