|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "How to Become a Retired Engineer in Just Five Short Years".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralston reminisces about which family friend that is known to be full of positive thinking and attitude?
(a) Daria Boyd.
(b) Betty Darr.
(c) Lily McDonald.
(d) Betsy Downing.
2. How is Ralston saved from the river?
(a) Ralston eventually swims to the riverbank.
(b) Jean-March dives in to save Ralston.
(c) Friends pull Ralston in with a rope.
(d) Chad dives in to save Ralston.
3. Ralston is able to make a seat out of what?
(a) A concave divot in the wall.
(b) Ralston ties his ropes into a makeshift sitting-hammock.
(c) A large boulder nearby.
(d) The harness and rappelling gear.
4. What nickname does Ralston's mother give him during the trip to the national park?
5. John Griffith is last seen in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. During this nighttime rafting trip, how does Ralston discern whether there are rapids in the dark?
2. How does John Griffith get his nickname?
3. One of the hikers mentions that the pictures in the book "Canyon Hiking Guide to the Colorado Plateau" look like what?
4. What does Ralston decide to do as Chad takes photos of Havasupai Creek?
5. Sonja spends Thanksgiving camping at Havasupai Canyon with whom?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)