|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Day Four: Out of Food and Water".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralston find and pick up to stick in his hat while hiking?
(a) Crow feathers.
(b) An eagle's tail feather.
(c) A hawk's tail feather.
(d) A raven's feather.
2. Ralston is able to make a seat out of what?
(a) A large boulder nearby.
(b) The harness and rappelling gear.
(c) Ralston ties his ropes into a makeshift sitting-hammock.
(d) A concave divot in the wall.
3. Considering Ralston's risky adventures, how does he see himself dying?
(a) Jumping a cliff on skis.
(b) Abruptly, such as in a fall.
(c) A slow death, such as his current predicament.
(d) On his death bed, due to natural causes.
4. What character is used to indicate the location of the party Ralston mentions to the other hikers?
(a) Fred Flintstone.
(c) Scooby Doo.
(d) Papa Smurf.
5. Back in solitude, Ralston listens to what band on his CD player?
(a) Dave Matthews Band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conservationist author does Ralston and the other hikers admire?
2. What does Ralston do to try and keep himself warm?
3. One of the hikers mentions that the pictures in the book "Canyon Hiking Guide to the Colorado Plateau" look like what?
4. Why does Ralston stop yelling?
5. By the second day, how does Ralston feel the ordeal ends?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)