|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Day Four: Out of Food and Water".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ralston to have an erratic heartbeat and sunken eyes?
(b) Old burritos.
(c) Infection from an open wound.
(d) Lack of sleep.
2. How do you describe Ralston's personality?
(a) Emotionally adventurous.
(b) Spiritual and emotional.
(c) Technical and rational.
(d) Spontaneous but shy.
3. In the middle of recording on his video camera, he states "even if I see Wednesday." What does this mean to Ralston?
(a) That he loses hope and waits for death or an improbable rescue.
(b) There is no point to seeing Wednesday when it comes.
(c) There is a chance to see Wednesday, and he does not give up hope.
(d) He expects to die in Tuesday night's cold.
4. To keep some form of control, what is one relatively trivial thing Ralston does?
(a) Ralston tidies up the dust and rock pieces off his arm.
(b) Ralston continuously ties knots, undoes them, and ties them again.
(c) Ralston neatly rearranges his belongings into his pack.
(d) Ralston puts on his hat.
5. What disease does Betty contract as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralston realize about his pinned limb?
2. How does Ralston use his rope bag to keep warm?
3. By the second day, how does Ralston feel the ordeal ends?
4. Why does Ralston stop yelling?
5. What part of Ralston's arm is crushed between the boulder and the canyon wall?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)