Prologue "Circulating with the Robbers Roosters"
• John Griffith gets the name Blue John.
• Blue John runs with the Wild Bunch.
• The Wild Bunch gets in a scuffle with a posse.
• Blue John runs south and is not heard from again.
Chapter 1 "Geologic Time Includes Now"
• Aron Ralston heads into Horseshoe Canyon in Utah.
• Ralston meets two women on his hike and they hike for awhile together, but part ways.
• Through a slot, Ralston teeters on a chockstone that moves on his way down.
• The chockstone pins his right arm to a wall.
• Ralston ponders escape and rescue possibilities.
Chapter 2 "Beginnings"
• Ralston describes his childhood and how he gets to Colorado.
• There is a description of the first memories of Ralston's adventures in Colorado.
• There is a description of Ralston's first solo trip.
Chapter 3 "The Night Shift"
• Introduction of Betty Darr.
• Ralston focuses on retrieving a bike lock key...
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)