|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim invite Norman to do?
(a) Have dinner at Norman's home
(b) Take a road trip
(c) Go out for a couple beers
(d) Go to a ballgame
2. Who speaks often of the tragedy?
(a) Norman and Jessie
(b) Norman and Mr. Maclean
(c) Norman and Jessie's mother
(d) Norman and Neal
3. Other than fish, what else did the brothers do?
(b) Go swimming
(c) Build model planes
(d) Play cards
4. What else does Norman encounter on the way down the mountain?
(a) A rattlesnake
(b) A small fire
(c) A bear
(d) A camper
5. What happens at the end of the season?
(a) Norman takes a well-deserved vacation.
(b) Norman and Jim go fishing together.
(c) Norman gets married.
(d) Norman runs into Jim in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim insist on staying in contact with Norman?
2. What happens after Norman pays his bill?
3. Why does this affair especially anger Norman?
4. Why are Jessie and her mother tending to Jessie's brother?
5. What does Norman fear about an encounter with Jim?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)