|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jessie angry at Norman?
(a) Because he insulted her mother
(b) Because he left him at the bend of the river to go fishing by himself
(c) Because he will not teach her how to fly fish
(d) Because he forgot to put the picnic basket in the car
2. Why does Norman think that Paul needs help?
(a) Because Paul cannot keep a job.
(b) Because Paul drinks too much and gets in bar fights
(c) Because Paul has large gambling debts.
(d) Because Paul has been diagnosed with cancer.
3. Why does Paul invite Norman to stay the night at his house?
(a) Because Norman has had too much to drink.
(b) Because it is late and it is a long drive back to Norman's house.
(c) Because Norman's car is almost out of gas.
(d) Because he wants to take him to breakfast at a new restaurant.
4. Why do Norman and Paul get a late start the next morning?
(a) They were reading the Sunday paper.
(b) Mrs. Maclean fixes a huge breakfast.
(c) They slept in.
(d) Mr. Maclean cannot find his fishing gear.
5. How does Jim get Norman's contact information?
(a) From Norman's former girlfriend
(b) From the school
(c) From Norman's family
(d) From Norman's last employer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norman meet Jim Grierson?
2. What does Jim complain to the cooks about?
3. How does Jim insist on staying in contact with Norman?
4. How does Jim abuse men?
5. What does Norman fear about an encounter with Jim?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)