|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norman refuse to complain to Jim about his sawing?
(a) Because Jim will think he is a cry baby
(b) Because Jim will call him names
(c) Because Jim will fire him
(d) Because Jim will think he has won some unspoken war
2. What else does Jim gloat about?
(a) The vacation he is going to take
(b) Logging and the work he hopes to do next summer
(c) How much money he made this year
(d) How beautiful his ex-wife is
3. What happens when the family decides to leave?
(a) Jessie decides that she wants to stay.
(b) Norman offers to bring them back tomorrow.
(c) It finally stops raining.
(d) Norman and Paul have to push the truck out of the mud.
4. What happens when Norman invites the cook to play cards?
(a) The cook gladly accepts.
(b) The cook says playing cards is against his religion.
(c) The cook rudely refuses.
(d) The cook ignores him.
5. What happens at the end of the season?
(a) Norman and Jim go fishing together.
(b) Norman gets married.
(c) Norman takes a well-deserved vacation.
(d) Norman runs into Jim in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the following month of May?
2. What does Jim do that Norman finds it difficult to maintain?
3. Who never speaks of the tragedy?
4. Who gives the instruction that Norman should be taken to a hotel for rest?
5. How do the two men eventually work together?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)