|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Zachary say his family believes?
2. What does Vicky realize about Leo?
3. What does Vicky's grandfather start to call her that he used to call his daughter?
4. What does Leo tell Vicky he knows about her grandfather?
5. Who is Jeb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Adam and Vicky when they get back to the beach after playing with the dolphins?
2. What does Vicky learn about how Zachary's mother died?
3. What does Vicky find that makes her feel better when she gets home from her date from Zachary?
4. What happens as Vicky is holding Robin?
5. What does Adam discuss with Vicky after she meets Una and Nini?
6. What does Suzy express about Adam's work with the dolphins, and what is his response?
7. What does Vicky compare about Adam and Zachary?
8. What happens after Vicky and Zachary go flying?
9. What do Vicky and her grandfather do after Vicky is done talking to Suzy?
10. What does Robin tell Vicky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicky matures and grows throughout the book.
1. What do you think might be some of the reasons Vicky is maturing? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think Vicky's maturity shown in the book is unrealistic in the short amount of time period the book covers? Why or why not?
3. Discuss the ways that Vicky shows changes in her maturity in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in "A Ring of Endless Light".
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of "A Ring of Endless Light". How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of "A Ring of Endless Light". How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? What incidences of foreshadowing are in "A Ring of Endless Light"? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in "A Ring of Endless Light" including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from the text of this story, and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)