|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of writing does Vicky's grandfather share with her?
(a) A text from the Bible.
(b) Some 17th century poetry.
(c) The Prophet.
(d) A 6th century haiku.
2. To what does Vicky finally fall asleep?
(a) The sound of her mother singing.
(b) The sound of loons calling.
(c) The sound of a soft rain.
(d) The sound of the dryer going.
3. Who gives Vicky her first kiss?
4. What is Vicky's father planning to do this summer?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Teach several classes.
(c) Learn to sail.
(d) Work at the marine lab.
5. What does Vicky do after Rob talks to her?
(a) Goes out into the garden to pray.
(b) Rides her bike back to the marine lab.
(c) Tries to comfort Rob.
(d) Takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vicky used to doing during the summer?
2. What does Vicky sense about Basil?
3. How does Zachary's mother die?
4. About what does Vicki wonder concerning dolphins and being alone?
5. Where is Basil?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Vicky drawn in Adam?
2. What creature catches Vicky's eye at the funeral and what does she think it symbolizes?
3. What does Vicky find that makes her feel better when she gets home from her date from Zachary?
4. How does Vicky's experience impact her thoughts and feelings?
5. What do Vicky and Adam do with the dolphins and how does Adam feel about it?
6. What does Suzy express about Adam's work with the dolphins, and what is his response?
7. What do John and Vicky discuss as they are star gazing?
8. What dolphins are in the dolphin birthing pen and why are they there?
9. What does Zachary tell Vicky about himself in relation to Commander Rodney?
10. Why are Vicky and Adam happy when they see Ynid?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)