|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do during breakfast?
(a) Read the newspaper and talk.
(d) Play a guessing game.
2. What has changed the way Vicky views things?
(a) Uni's condition.
(b) John's research with sea horses.
(c) Meeting Leo.
(d) Meeting Basil.
3. What is Adam doing on the beach when Vicky swims to shore?
(a) Digging for clams.
(b) Building a sand castle.
4. What is Leo's mother planning to return to doing?
(a) Administrative work.
(c) Interior design.
5. What do Vicky and Adam talk about concerning John's work?
(a) The way plankton can feed such a large creature as a whale.
(c) The way male sea horses take care of the babies.
(d) The size of whales makes research difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vicky sleep?
2. Why do Vicky's parents call the Coast Guard?
3. What illness does Vicky's grandfather have?
4. Where does Grandfather wonder if he should be?
5. Where does Zachary invite Vicky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the unsettling conversation between Suzy and Vicky.
2. What does Adam tell Vicky when they go out for a swim on Sunday?
3. How is Vicky's grandfather when she returns from working with the dolphins with Adam?
4. Why does Vicky get angry with Zachary when they are driving to the airport?
5. What do Vicky and Adam talk about over breakfast?
6. Describe the conversation between Vicky and her grandfather concerning meditation.
7. What does Suzy express about Adam's work with the dolphins, and what is his response?
8. What difficult request does Grandfather ask of Vicky and what is her reaction?
9. What is the concern about the swallows and how do Vicky and her siblings solve the problem?
10. What does Zachary's family do with his mother's body, and how does Vicky feel about what she hears?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)