|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zachary confess to Vicky?
(a) That he is not interested in girls.
(b) That he has a girlfriend.
(c) That he attempted suicide.
(d) That he is going to college and leaving all his friendships behind.
2. What is Adam doing on the beach when Vicky swims to shore?
(b) Digging for clams.
(c) Building a sand castle.
3. Who is Jeb?
(a) Adam's dolphin caretaker.
(b) Adam's boss.
(c) Adam's brother.
(d) John's clerk.
4. Of what does Vicky wish she had more knowledge?
(d) Science, and dolphins in particular.
5. Why does Vicky go to work with John?
(a) She wants to see Adam.
(b) She is giving him a ride.
(c) It is her day to visit with the dolphins.
(d) She is taking pictures of John working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vicky's grandfather do instead of coming to dinner?
2. What does Adam encourage Vicky to do?
3. What has Adam asked of John?
4. What changes the way Vicky feels about Adam?
5. What does Leo tell Vicky he knows about her grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vicky's experience impact her thoughts and feelings?
2. Whose funeral is Vicky attending, and what happened to the man?
3. What does Vicky compare about Adam and Zachary?
4. What does Vicky do with Adam for which she feels badly?
5. Where does Vicky's family go for a picnic, and what does Vicky think about while they are there?
6. To what is Vicky drawn in Adam?
7. How is Vicky's grandfather when she returns from working with the dolphins with Adam?
8. What do Vicky's parents thank her for concerning Grandfather, and what do they encourage her to do?
9. Who is Adam and what does he ask Vicky at Commander Rodney's wake?
10. What happens after Vicky and Zachary go flying?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)