|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vicky meet Zachary?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At a campground.
(c) At an amusement park.
(d) At the beach.
2. What does Vicky realize about Leo?
(a) They could never be friends.
(b) They could be friends.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) They have lots in common.
3. Who is Commander Rodney?
(a) A family friend of Vicky's family.
(b) Vicky's grandfather.
(c) Vicky's father.
(d) Vicky's great-uncle.
4. What happens when Commander Rodney is saving a young boy?
(a) Rodney has a heart attack.
(b) The boy drowns.
(c) Rodney finds a mysterious coin.
(d) Sharks attack the boy.
5. What does Vicky leave out in her stories to Rob about her visit to the marine lab?
(a) About John's encounter with Uni.
(b) About swimming out to meet Basil.
(c) About Adam asking her out.
(d) About Adam dancing on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Grandfather?
2. What is Vicky used to doing during the summer?
3. What book does Vicky's grandfather bring out to help settle an argument?
4. What does Vicky's father ask her not to do this summer?
5. What does John appreciate about Vicky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Vicky's parents gone when she arrives back home?
2. What does Vicky not tell her siblings about a request her parents make of her?
3. What difficult request does Grandfather ask of Vicky and what is her reaction?
4. What does Zachary's family do with his mother's body, and how does Vicky feel about what she hears?
5. About what does John wonder when he spies Zachary and how does Vicky react to John's statement?
6. What creature catches Vicky's eye at the funeral and what does she think it symbolizes?
7. What does Vicky tell Leo about her grandfather?
8. Why are Vicky and Adam happy when they see Ynid?
9. What are Vicky's thoughts about Suzy and what is Adam's response?
10. To what is Vicky drawn in Adam?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)