|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic do Vicki and her grandfather discuss?
(b) Dolphin communication.
2. Of what do Norberta and Njord's singing sounds remind Vicky?
(a) Basil's alleluias.
(b) Her mother singing to her as a baby.
(c) What she imagined angels sound like when she was a child.
(d) Sounds she heard once while sitting alone in the woods.
3. Why is Vicky angry with Zachary on the way to the airport?
(a) He is saying he is going to kill himself again.
(b) He is driving too fast.
(c) He is making unkind gestures to people in other vehicles.
(d) He is yelling at her.
4. What does Adam want when he calls Vicky?
(a) To go to the mainland with her.
(b) To pick her up to go swimming.
(c) To meet her and John for lunch.
(d) To meet for breakfast.
5. For whom does Vicky write a poem?
6. Who was after what Adam had?
(a) A beautiful girl.
(b) A Russian agent.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A classmate.
7. Why is Vicky relieved to see a young child in the hospital waiting room?
(a) It is her friend's young sister.
(b) It is her cousin's daughter.
(c) Vicky does not say anything about a child in the ER.
(d) She had met her previously and is glad to see the child is still alive.
8. What does Leo tell Vicky when he comes out to the waiting room?
(a) The hospital is low on blood and have none for Grandfather.
(b) They need to donate blood again.
(c) He has starting dating someone.
(d) He has been accepted to MIT in the Fall.
9. What does Adam say is throwing off his research with the dolphins?
(a) The sounds of the boat propellers.
(b) Vicky's experiences with the dolphins.
(c) His being on an emotional roller coaster.
(d) The death of Ynid's baby.
10. Why do Suzy's parents want her to stay away from Grandfather?
(a) She pesters him unintentionally.
(b) She is too young to see him in such terrible condition.
(c) They have not told her to stay away.
(d) She is sick.
11. What does Vicky tell Leon on the way back to the island?
(a) She wants to just be friends.
(b) She is going to college in Maine.
(c) She is dating Adam seriously.
(d) She is going to college in Virginia.
12. For what does Vicky's family go down to the cove?
(a) To watch a skiing show.
(b) A picnic.
(c) To watch Basil.
(d) To fly kites.
13. What does Vicky tell Adam is the reason she went swimming with Leo?
(a) To keep in shape for working with Basil.
(b) To see if any dolphins were around to show Leo.
(c) To help him feel more confident about swimming past the breakers.
(d) To forget what she saw in the hospital.
14. What overwhelms Vicky as she is swimming with Adam and the dolphins?
(a) Her love of Adam.
(b) The beauty of the universe that the dolphins portray.
(c) Her fear for Norberta's baby.
(d) Her desire to write a poem.
15. What does Vicky realize she is doing to Adam as they are swimming?
(a) Judging him.
(b) Invading his privacy.
(c) Keeping him at arms length.
(d) Not giving him enough credit to understand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Vicki the morning after she and John talk?
2. Where does Zachary say he and Vicky will have dinner next time?
3. What does Vicky realize after her talk with her grandfather?
4. Who is Cornelius Codd?
5. How does Adam treat Vicky when the two return to the beach after being with the dolphins?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)