|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather realize about his illness?
(a) It is affecting his mind.
(b) It has been a blessing in disguise.
(c) It was not from God.
(d) It is not getting better.
2. What does Suzy complain that John and Vicky want to do after returning from the cove?
(c) Play chess.
(d) Watch the stars come out.
3. What does Adam do with Suzy the next day?
(a) Take her fishing.
(b) Take her to see the dolphins in the pens.
(c) Take her surfing.
(d) Take her to the college on the mainland where he has to check in.
4. Who was after what Adam had?
(a) A Russian agent.
(b) His cousin.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A classmate.
5. What happens to Jeb on Friday?
(a) He has a violent encounter with an animal rights protester.
(b) He is accidentally injured by one of the whales.
(c) He pulls a shoulder muscle.
(d) He is hit by a motorcycle.
6. What does Suzy say she feels about Vicky?
(a) Suzy is jealous of Vicky's popularity.
(b) Suzy hates Vicky.
(c) Suzy feels put down by Vicky.
(d) Suzy is awed by Vicky's abilities.
7. What does Vicky think she is not up to doing?
(a) Telling Zachary she will not see him.
(b) Caring for her grandfather when he gets much more ill.
(c) Letting her grandfather go into a nursing home.
(d) Telling her Grandfather when to let go of life.
8. Who calls Vicki the morning after she and John talk?
9. What name does Grandfather call Vicky?
10. Where is Vicky going in the afternoon?
(a) To play with Basil.
(b) To the library on the mainland.
(d) To get more blood for Grandfather.
11. Why is Vicky relieved to see a young child in the hospital waiting room?
(a) It is her cousin's daughter.
(b) Vicky does not say anything about a child in the ER.
(c) She had met her previously and is glad to see the child is still alive.
(d) It is her friend's young sister.
12. What does Vicky realize after her talk with her grandfather?
(a) That she meditates regularly.
(b) That she needs to relax about Adam.
(c) That she does not want to continue seeing Zachary.
(d) That dolphins might meditate.
13. What does Vicky continue to do with her grandfather?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Ask his advice.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play chess.
14. What horrifies Vicky when she and Leo go to the mainland?
(a) A car accident where someone is killed.
(b) A dead cat on the side of the road.
(c) What Vicky sees in the emergency room at the hospital.
(d) A dead dog on the side of the road.
15. For what does Adam say he was once responsible?
(a) His cousin's loss of his left arm.
(b) His mother's divorce.
(c) Someone's death.
(d) His brother's paralyzed legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vicky tell Adam is the reason she went swimming with Leo?
2. Of what do Norberta and Njord's singing sounds remind Vicky?
3. Where does Vicky have trouble feeling completely relaxed?
4. About what does Vicky talk to Zachary's flight instructor?
5. What do Adam and Vicky name the new dolphin?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)