|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zachary do that makes Vicky feel uncomfortable?
(a) Fight with another young man.
(b) Flirt with another girl in front of Vicky.
(c) Get too close.
(d) Cut his arm lightly.
2. Where does Vicky have trouble feeling completely relaxed?
(a) With Leo.
(b) With Adam.
(c) On the dance floor.
(d) In the cockpit with Zachary.
3. For what does Vicky apologize to Suzy?
(a) Making fun of a drawing she did.
(b) Not spending time with her that summer yet.
(c) Making fun of her new outfit.
(d) Refusing to help her with some make up.
4. What does Vicky tell Leon on the way back to the island?
(a) She is going to college in Maine.
(b) She is going to college in Virginia.
(c) She is dating Adam seriously.
(d) She wants to just be friends.
5. Why is Suzy upset as far as helping with her grandfather's illness?
(a) She feels as though Vicky is so much more competent than she is.
(b) She does not think it will do any good.
(c) She is helpless.
(d) She hates to seem him suffering.
6. How does Adam treat Vicky when the two return to the beach after being with the dolphins?
(b) As one friend to another.
7. What does Adam say is throwing off his research with the dolphins?
(a) Vicky's experiences with the dolphins.
(b) The death of Ynid's baby.
(c) His being on an emotional roller coaster.
(d) The sounds of the boat propellers.
8. What is dumped into Vicky's lap in the emergency room?
(a) A bunch of towels from home that they used to stem her grandfather's bleeding.
(d) A pile of papers for Vicky to fill out on her grandfather.
9. What does Vicky ask Basil about concerning her grandfather?
(a) If Basil will be with her grandfather when the grandfather dies.
(b) If her grandfather can get better.
(d) If her grandfather is all right.
10. What does Vicky tell Adam is the reason she went swimming with Leo?
(a) To help him feel more confident about swimming past the breakers.
(b) To forget what she saw in the hospital.
(c) To keep in shape for working with Basil.
(d) To see if any dolphins were around to show Leo.
11. What does Grandfather realize about his illness?
(a) It is not getting better.
(b) It has been a blessing in disguise.
(c) It is affecting his mind.
(d) It was not from God.
12. How does Vicky communicate with Basil?
(a) With body language.
(b) With her emotions.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) Through her thoughts.
13. How does Vicky think Adam treats her?
(a) Like a little sister.
(d) Like a child.
14. What does Vicky promise Rob to do after lunch?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Play catch.
(c) Sit with him until he falls asleep.
(d) Feed the turtles at the pond.
15. What does Suzy complain that John and Vicky want to do after returning from the cove?
(b) Watch the stars come out.
(d) Play chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Adam and Vicky happy when they go check on the dolphins?
2. For what does Vicky's family go down to the cove?
3. For what does Adam say he was once responsible?
4. What does Zachary tell Vicky about when he calls on Tuesday?
5. How does Adam think dolphins communicate?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)