|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of writing does Vicky's grandfather share with her?
(a) The Prophet.
(b) A text from the Bible.
(c) A 6th century haiku.
(d) Some 17th century poetry.
2. What does Vicky do that Zachary does not?
(a) Give money to a homeless man.
(b) Eat everything on her plate.
(d) Buy a ticket for a raffle for charity.
3. Of whom is Vicky a little jealous?
(b) No one.
4. What does John wonder aloud?
(a) When Zachary had arrived.
(b) When Zachary will be leaving.
(c) If Zachary will be more considerate this summer.
(d) If Zachary has matured any over the school year.
5. Why does Vicky go to work with John?
(a) It is her day to visit with the dolphins.
(b) She is taking pictures of John working.
(c) She is giving him a ride.
(d) She wants to see Adam.
6. What event is Vicky attending in Chapter 1?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A christening.
(d) A wedding.
7. What does Vicky's father ask her not to do this summer?
(a) Hang out with her friends a lot.
(b) Follow her older brother around.
(d) See Jeremy.
8. What illness does Vicky's grandfather have?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) A brain tumor.
9. What does Zachary confess to Vicky?
(a) That he is not interested in girls.
(b) That he has a girlfriend.
(c) That he is going to college and leaving all his friendships behind.
(d) That he attempted suicide.
10. Who are Una and Nini?
(a) German scientists at the lab.
(b) Women who clean the lab area.
11. Why does Leo grieve with Vicky?
(a) His father has died.
(b) His grandmother has died.
(c) His mother has died.
(d) His dog has died.
12. Upon what does Vicky confront John?
(a) About jumping to conclusions.
(b) About being a good example.
(c) About being kind.
(d) About staying out of other people's business.
13. What does Vicky leave out in her stories to Rob about her visit to the marine lab?
(a) About John's encounter with Uni.
(b) About swimming out to meet Basil.
(c) About Adam dancing on the beach.
(d) About Adam asking her out.
14. How does Vicky perceive the creature that catches her eye?
(a) As a sign of life and hope.
(b) As a sign of pain.
(c) As a mockery to the sadness of the day.
(d) As a symbol of the resurrection of the body.
15. To what is Vicky drawn in Adam?
(a) His light.
(b) His smile.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Adam ask Vicky concerning Leo?
2. What does John appreciate about Vicky?
3. How does Zachary's mother die?
4. What does Vicky's grandfather start to call her that he used to call his daughter?
5. Who is protective of Vicky's youngest brother?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)