|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does John work?
(c) Sea Horses.
2. What does John appreciate about Vicky?
(a) Her willingness to try new things.
(b) How she helps the family.
(c) Her integrity.
(d) Her wit.
3. What do dolphins not do alone?
(b) Attack a shark.
(c) Leave a pod.
(d) Give birth.
4. Who are Una and Nini?
(b) Women who clean the lab area.
(d) German scientists at the lab.
5. What event is Vicky attending in Chapter 1?
(a) A christening.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
6. Where is Basil?
(a) With the whales.
(b) In the sea.
(c) With the two young dolphins.
(d) In a special birthing tank.
7. What does Leo tell Vicky he knows about her grandfather?
(a) That her grandfather is ill.
(b) That her grandfather is a good carpenter.
(c) That her grandfather is also retired military like Leo's father.
(d) That her grandfather likes making kites.
8. Why does Vicky's family not appreciate Zachary?
(a) He does not contact Vicky during the school year.
(b) He is very sloppy.
(c) He never calls before showing up.
(d) He is a smart aleck.
9. Where does Adam Eddinton work?
(a) As a lifeguard at the beach.
(b) The library.
(c) The Marine Biology Station.
(d) The skating rink.
10. What piece of writing does Vicky's grandfather share with her?
(a) The Prophet.
(b) A 6th century haiku.
(c) A text from the Bible.
(d) Some 17th century poetry.
11. What does Vicky's father ask her not to do this summer?
(a) Follow her older brother around.
(b) See Jeremy.
(c) Hang out with her friends a lot.
12. Who is Jeb?
(a) Adam's boss.
(b) Adam's dolphin caretaker.
(c) John's clerk.
(d) Adam's brother.
13. How does Vicky's grandfather act as he talks about life after death?
(b) He preaches hellfire and damnation.
14. What does Vicky's grandfather do instead of coming to dinner?
(b) Write some poetry.
(d) Watch t.v.
15. What does John wonder aloud?
(a) If Zachary will be more considerate this summer.
(b) When Zachary will be leaving.
(c) If Zachary has matured any over the school year.
(d) When Zachary had arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rob tell Vicky about their grandfather?
2. What do the siblings decide to do about the swallow problem?
3. What does Leo ask Vicky to do with him?
4. Why do Vicky's parents call the Coast Guard?
5. Whose gifts are not as obvious as Suzy's gifts?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)