|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Rob been doing when Vicky finds him?
2. Who seems to be missing when Vicky wakes in the middle of the night?
(a) No one.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where does Grandfather wonder if he should be?
(a) The hospital.
(b) At the vet nursing home.
(c) His mainland apartment.
(d) Living with his oldest daughter.
4. How does Vicky get home from the lab?
(b) A city bus.
(d) Her bicycle.
5. What does Zachary confess to Vicky?
(a) That he is not interested in girls.
(b) That he attempted suicide.
(c) That he is going to college and leaving all his friendships behind.
(d) That he has a girlfriend.
6. What do some of the people wonder about Zachary?
(a) If he changed as a result of his mother dying.
(b) If he changed as a result of his father dying.
(c) If he was the young man Commander Rodney was trying to save.
(d) If he was ever charged with disturbing the peace last summer.
7. What has Adam asked of John?
(a) Permission to ask Vicky out.
(b) To take over for Adam for the afternoon.
(c) A reference.
(d) A commitment to stay another year at the lab.
8. What does Vicky's grandfather have thousands of?
(b) Fishing lures.
9. What does Vicky do after Rob talks to her?
(a) Tries to comfort Rob.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Rides her bike back to the marine lab.
(d) Goes out into the garden to pray.
10. What does Vicky's grandfather do instead of coming to dinner?
(b) Write some poetry.
(d) Watch t.v.
11. About what does Zachary make derogatory remarks?
(a) Commander Rodney.
(b) The swallows.
12. Who is at Vicky's house when she gets home?
(a) Zachary Gray.
(b) Her youngest sister.
(c) Her oldest sister.
(d) No one.
13. How does Vicky perceive the creature that catches her eye?
(a) As a symbol of the resurrection of the body.
(b) As a sign of life and hope.
(c) As a mockery to the sadness of the day.
(d) As a sign of pain.
14. Where does Vicky's grandfather keep his collection of thousands?
(a) In bookcases.
(b) Piled floor to ceiling in one room.
(c) In boxes in the attic.
(d) In boxes in the basement.
15. What does Vicky do that Zachary does not?
(b) Eat everything on her plate.
(c) Buy a ticket for a raffle for charity.
(d) Give money to a homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo tell Vicky he knows about her grandfather?
2. What event is Vicky attending in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Vicky go to work with John?
4. What does John wonder aloud?
5. Why doesn't Zachary's father tell him about Commander Rodney?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)