• Vicky attends the funeral of a family friend who dies of a heart attack while trying to save a rich, young boy from drowning.
• Her grandfather officiates the funeral and talks about life after death.
• Vicky goes home and meets Adam Eddington, who works with her brother John at the Marine Biology Lab.
• Zachary Gray, a boy Vicky dated the summer before, is at Vicky's house much to the dismay of her family.
• Vicky's family wonders if Zachary is the boy Commander Rodney was trying to save when the Commander died.
• Rob, Vicky's seven-year-old brother comes back to bed after talking to Grandfather about death.
• Vicky's parents asked Vicky to not get a job that summer in order to help care for Grandfather.
• Leo and Vicky take a walk, and Vicky realizes they can be friends.
• Leo and Vicky talk about the places Grandfather has lived...
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)