|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, why is Josiah so irritated with Frances?
(a) Frances has been mean to Sarah.
(b) He finds out about Mehuru.
(c) He finds her advice useless.
(d) He realizes he is in over his head financially.
2. How does Dr. Hadley feel about Mehuru and Frances's relationship?
(b) He is worried for them both.
(d) Excited for them.
3. Why doesn't Lady Scott come to the Hot Well?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Lord Scott would not allow it.
(c) She does not enjoy spas.
(d) She wants The Cole's to fail.
4. What does Josiah insist he will invest in?
(d) The Hot Well.
5. When Mehuru and Frances argue, what does Mehuru ask Frances to call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mehuru astounded to learn?
2. In Chapter 25, why won't Josiah listen to Sarah's warning in regard to money?
3. What happens when Mehuru wakes Frances to tell her about John?
4. When Josiah argues with Sarah, what does he tell her about their possessions and land?
5. What does Elizabeth say to Mehuru when she finds out about his love for Frances?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hadley think Mehuru and Frances's relationship is dangerous ?
2. How does Josiah feel about the Merchant Venturers once they drop the charges?
3. What is worrisome about the Hot Well?
4. How will Sarah react now that she is no longer allowed to do the bookkeeping?
5. Why does Josiah take the bookkeeping away from Sarah?
6. How does Lord Scott respond to Frances's letter about her relationship issues?
7. What is ironic about Frances's feelings for Mehuru?
8. How does Frances stall when it comes to selling the slaves?
9. Why do the slaves no longer want to escape?
10. What does Sarah discover about the business in Chapter 29?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)