|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which holiday is disappointing for Frances in Chapter 19?
2. When Mehuru and Frances argue, what does Mehuru ask Frances to call him?
3. With what money were the Cole's slaves purchased?
(a) With a loan from Mr. Waring.
(b) With Josiah's inheritance.
(c) With Frances's dowry.
(d) With the profits from The Rose.
4. At the end of Chpater 23, what happens when Mehuru returns to Frances's room?
(b) He tells her he is sorry for kssing her.
(c) She tells him to go away.
(d) They make love.
5. What kind of decor does Frances think the Hot Well needs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mehuru do that makes Frances dimiss him?
2. In Chapter 21, what does Mehuru tell Frances about friendship?
3. When Josiah meets with the Merchant Venturers in Chapter 28, what becomes obvious?
4. At the beginning of chapter 22, what does Frances ask Josiah for?
5. When Frances and Mehuru are talking in her room, what does Mehuru ask for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Josiah continue to make risky business decisions and borrow money against The Rose?
2. Why is Frances upset at the sight of the slaves rejoicing on Easter?
3. Describe Stephen Waring.
4. What does Sarah discover about the business in Chapter 29?
5. Why is Frances upset with her deceased parents?
6. Describe Dr. Stuart Hadley.
7. Why is Frances afraid to allow herself to love Mehuru?
8. What does Frances's last will and testament reveal?
9. How is Josiah able to get some of the merchants to order slaves of their own?
10. Why is Sarah against giving the dead slave a proper burial?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)