|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances change Mehuru's name to?
2. What does Sarah Cole worry about the most?
(a) The business.
(c) Their house.
(d) The Slaves.
3. What group is Josiah desperate to be a part of?
(a) The Scott Family.
(b) The Parliament.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The Merchant Venturers.
4. What does Josiah tell Frances about the house in Queens Square?
(a) They cannot bring the slaves.
(b) Sarah will be living with them.
(c) They cannot afford it.
(d) They have bought it.
5. Who is Mehuru's servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josiah promise Frances he will buy before she arrives in Bristol?
2. In Chapter 11, how does Frances feel when she tries to teach the slaves?
3. What does "Died of Shame" eat?
4. Who is Sir Charles's daughter?
5. What does Mehuru dream that comes true?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sarah Cole.
2. What risk does Josiah take when he sends The Rose out to sea?
3. What causes Frances to feel tender towards Josiah?
4. How does Sarah feel about moving into a new home and away from their Quayside apartment?
5. Why is Sarah pleased with Frances after their lunch with Sir Charles?
6. Why do the slaves say their names are "Despair," "Homeless," "Grief," and "Died of Shame?"
7. Describe Meuhuru.
8. Why does Frances think her parents would be unhappy with her?
9. When Josiah refers to Frances's furniture as "old stuff," what does this reveal about him?
10. What does Frances learn about the business through Sarah?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)