|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how would Frances describe her first Christmas with The Cole's?
2. What was Frances's job prior to marrying Josiah?
3. Sarah and Josiah Cole are proud to come from a family of_________.
4. Who does Sarah think can help them solve the problem with the slaves?
(d) Sir Charles.
5. How does Sarah feel Frances is acting when Frances says she does not want to each the slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the slaves sleep in the new home?
2. When Sarah and Frances lunch with Sir Charles, what do they persuade Sir Charles to do?
3. When Frances asks the slaves' names, which name is not given?
4. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 1?
5. What traded "good" does Sarah say will make the best profit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the letter correspondence that occurs between Josiah Cole and Frances Scott.
2. What dream does Mehuru have that comes true?
3. Do you think Sarah respects Frances?
4. How does Sarah feel about moving into a new home and away from their Quayside apartment?
5. Describe Josiah.
6. What causes Frances to feel tender towards Josiah?
7. What risk does Josiah take when he sends The Rose out to sea?
8. What does it mean when Mehuru taps on the table in order to communicate to the others?
9. Why do you think Sarah suggests they call Sir Charles for advice on the slaves?
10. When Josiah refers to Frances's furniture as "old stuff," what does this reveal about him?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)