|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Charles said, "Did you hear that? Not the wit but the ______."
2. Who does Sarah think can help them solve the problem with the slaves?
(d) Sir Charles.
3. In Chapter 11, how does Frances feel when she tries to teach the slaves?
4. What is the first word Frances teaches the slaves?
5. What does Frances order for the salves that irritates Sarah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mehuru think of Frances when he firsts sees her?
2. Sarah and Josiah Cole are proud to come from a family of_________.
3. How are the other slaves treating Mehuru?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Sir Charles do that upsets Francs?
5. How many slaves does Captain Lisle say he will be bringing to Josiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the slaves moan with "Died of Shame?"
2. Why does Frances think her parents would be unhappy with her?
3. When Josiah refers to Frances's furniture as "old stuff," what does this reveal about him?
4. Describe Josiah.
5. What concerns the slaves about the way in which Died of Shame was buried?
6. Why does Mehuru doubt Frances's sincerity and emotion?
7. What is Frances conflicted about when it comes to slavery?
8. How do Josiah and Frances help one another?
9. Describe the letter correspondence that occurs between Josiah Cole and Frances Scott.
10. How do you think Josiah Cole feels towards Sir Charles?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)