|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traded "good" does Sarah say will make the best profit?
2. How many slaves does Josiah say have been taken out of Africa due to the slave trade?
(a) A handful.
3. How old is Frances?
4. Sir Charles believes what about the slaves?
(a) They are savage pagans who need the white man.
(b) They are intelligent and emotional.
(c) They are ignorant but easily taught.
(d) They are Christians
5. What does Frances wish to do but is not permitted to do alone?
(a) Teach the slaves.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Purchase new clothes.
(d) Go for walks.
6. Who is Sir Charles's daughter?
7. Complete this sentence: "Bristol is a city of _______, my dear, not leisure."
8. How does Lord Scott react to Josiah's proposal to Frances?
(a) He tells her to wait, true love will come in time.
(b) He tells her that her father would be embarassed.
(c) He tells her he cannot provide her with a better offer.
(d) He tells her traders are bad people.
9. What did Frances realize she had over the slaves which she never had before?
10. What does Sir Charles suggest be done to the slave woman?
(a) Wash her.
(b) Put a muzzel on her.
(c) Cloth her.
(d) Set her free.
11. Which example is NOT a concern for an uninsured slave trader?
(a) Ships will sink.
(b) Slaves will kill themselves.
(c) Slaves will revolt on ships.
(d) Slaves will love their masters.
12. Which ship does Mehuru arrive on?
(a) The Lily.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Daisy.
(d) The Rose.
13. What is the relationship between Lord Scott and Frances?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) Uncle and niece.
(d) Brother and sister.
14. What does Sarah Cole worry about the most?
(a) The Slaves.
(c) The business.
(d) Their house.
15. At the end of the lesson in Chapter 12, what does Sarah accuse Frances of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are mulatto slaves?
2. When Sarah and Frances lunch with Sir Charles, what do they persuade Sir Charles to do?
3. Why is Sarah upset with the way Josiah purchased the home?
4. How can Josiah and Sarah Cole's apartment be described?
5. What does Frances do when Mehuru tells her about Died of Shame?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)