|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the lesson in Chapter 12, what does Sarah accuse Frances of being?
2. Who is Mehuru's servant?
3. What does "Died of Shame" eat?
4. How is Josiah able to pay for their home in Queens Square?
(a) He takes it out of savings.
(b) He borrows money against The Daisy.
(c) He receives a looan from Lord Scott.
(d) He uses Frances' dowry money.
5. How does Sarah reassure Frances about the slaves?
(a) She tells her they are less than human.
(b) She tells her they will be free.
(c) She tells her they are canibals.
(d) She tells her they will be treated as servants.
6. What is the relationship between Lord Scott and Frances?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Uncle and niece.
(d) Brother and sister.
7. What does Sir Charles suggest be done to the slave woman?
(a) Wash her.
(b) Put a muzzel on her.
(c) Cloth her.
(d) Set her free.
8. What message is Mehuru delivering to villages in Chapter 2?
(a) To stop selling sugar to the white man.
(b) To continue slave trading with the white man.
(c) To stop slave trading with the white man.
(d) To sell only sugar to the white man.
9. In Chapter 10, what does Sir Charles do that upsets Francs?
(a) He stops doing business with Josiah.
(b) He murders a slave.
(c) He slaps Frances.
(d) He rapes a slave woman.
10. What was Josiah's father considered when he originally bought his home and warehouse?
(a) A Thief.
(b) A Pirate.
(c) A Lawyer.
(d) A Privateer.
11. What does Sir Charles do to Frances during lunch?
(a) He fingers her wrist.
(b) He apologizes for his rudeness.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He gives her a kiss.
12. Where does Sir Charles live?
(b) Costa Rica.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
13. In Chapter 16, how would Frances describe her first Christmas with The Cole's?
14. What did Frances realize she had over the slaves which she never had before?
15. What is the name of the insurance case that concerns Josiah?
(a) The Lily Case.
(b) The Zong Case.
(c) The Daisy Case.
(d) The Rose Case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah expect Frances to do with the slaves?
2. What does Josiah promise Frances he will buy before she arrives in Bristol?
3. Where does Josiah do most of his negotiating and socializing?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Josiah think he owes Frances?
5. What does Josiah tell Frances about the house in Queens Square?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)