|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships do The Cole's own?
2. What traded "good" does Sarah say will make the best profit?
3. How did the locals react to Josiah and Frances as they rode through town?
(a) The locals swore at them.
(b) The locals cheered.
(c) The locals tried to steal their carriage.
(d) The locals bowed.
4. What are mulatto slaves?
(a) White slaves.
(b) English Slaves.
(c) Slaves from the Yoruban Tribe.
(d) Half white half black.
5. Which example is NOT a concern for an uninsured slave trader?
(a) Slaves will revolt on ships.
(b) Ships will sink.
(c) Slaves will love their masters.
(d) Slaves will kill themselves.
6. What is Mehru known as in his own country?
(a) A father.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A husband.
7. What does Josiah tell Frances about the house in Queens Square?
(a) They have bought it.
(b) They cannot afford it.
(c) They cannot bring the slaves.
(d) Sarah will be living with them.
8. In Chapter 10, what does Sir Charles do that upsets Francs?
(a) He murders a slave.
(b) He stops doing business with Josiah.
(c) He rapes a slave woman.
(d) He slaps Frances.
9. What are Frances and Josiah hoping will happen after their move to Queens Square?
(a) They will rent their new home.
(b) They will start a family.
(c) Their business will now be real estate.
(d) Their social status will rise.
10. How does Mehuru's God appear to him in his mind?
(a) As an alligator.
(b) As a snake.
(c) As a bear.
(d) As a tiger.
11. Where does Sir Charles live?
(b) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Costa Rica.
12. Who is Sir Charles's daughter?
13. What does Sarah expect Frances to do with the slaves?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Teach them.
(c) Entertain them.
(d) Cook for them.
14. What is the relationship between Lord Scott and Frances?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
15. Why does Mehru doubt Frances's sincerity?
(a) She cries when telling them about her dead dog.
(b) She laughs too much.
(c) She does not cry again.
(d) She is hard to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mehuru help Died of Shame?
2. Why is Sir Charles important to Josiah?
3. Why is Sarah upset after the neighbors come by?
4. What is the first word Frances teaches the slaves?
5. What message is Mehuru delivering to villages in Chapter 2?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)