|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Died of Shame" eat?
2. What does Josiah promise Frances he will buy before she arrives in Bristol?
(a) A house.
(b) A slave.
(c) A carriage.
3. What was the name of the ship that Josiah's father used to start the business?
4. What is the relationship between Sarah and Josiah?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) Sister and brother.
(d) Uncle and niece.
5. What is the relationship between Lord Scott and Frances?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Uncle and niece.
6. What does Sarah expect Frances to do with the slaves?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Cook for them.
(c) Entertain them.
(d) Teach them.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Josiah think he owes Frances?
(a) A beating.
(b) An apology.
(c) A date.
(d) A check.
8. How is Josiah able to pay for their home in Queens Square?
(a) He takes it out of savings.
(b) He receives a looan from Lord Scott.
(c) He borrows money against The Daisy.
(d) He uses Frances' dowry money.
9. What did Frances realize she had over the slaves which she never had before?
10. What is the primary decor of The Cole's new house in Queens Square?
11. What do the slaves realize they will have to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Serve the white man.
(c) Run for their lives.
(d) Travel on the ship.
12. What was Josiah's father considered when he originally bought his home and warehouse?
(a) A Privateer.
(b) A Pirate.
(c) A Lawyer.
(d) A Thief.
13. Why does Mehru doubt Frances's sincerity?
(a) She laughs too much.
(b) She cries when telling them about her dead dog.
(c) She is hard to understand.
(d) She does not cry again.
14. How does Frances feel about the arrival of the slaves?
(a) She feels depressed.
(b) She feels young and invigorated.
(c) She feels tired.
(d) She feels sick and sad.
15. What does Mehuru think of Frances when he firsts sees her?
(a) He think she is beautiful.
(b) He think she is his mother.
(c) He thinks she is a slave too.
(d) He thinks she is thin and ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves does Josiah say have been taken out of Africa due to the slave trade?
2. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 1?
3. How does Josiah react when he finds out one of the slaves has died?
4. How does Mehuru feel about his new name?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Sir Charles do that upsets Francs?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)