|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Nine through Thirty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances change Mehuru's name to?
2. Where does Mehuru go to talk about Abolition?
(a) A coffeehouse.
(b) A home in London.
(c) The docks.
(d) A restaurant.
3. How does Sarah reassure Frances about the slaves?
(a) She tells her they are less than human.
(b) She tells her they will be free.
(c) She tells her they are canibals.
(d) She tells her they will be treated as servants.
4. What has happened to the ship, The Rose, at the end of the novel?
(a) It was hijacked.
(b) No one knows and it never returns to port.
(c) The boat sunk.
(d) It docks with only 50 slaves.
5. What does Frances want to do for James?
(a) Give him a proper burial.
(b) Take him to London.
(c) Throw him a birthday party.
(d) Take him to the Hot Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mehuru astounded to learn?
2. How would Frances describe Sir Charles?
3. What advice does Josiah seek from Frances?
4. How does Mehuru feel about his new name?
5. What does "Died of Shame" eat?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)