|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Nine through Thirty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Frances at the end of the novel?
(a) She moves back to live with Lord Scott.
(b) She and Mehuru are able to escape.
(c) She stays with Josiah as his dutiful wife.
(d) After Frances births Mehuru's son, she dies.
2. In Chapter 19, what are the slaves doing in kitchen that surprises Frances?
(b) Singing and dancing.
(c) Cooking an English meal.
(d) Writing lettters.
3. How does Josiah react when he finds out one of the slaves has died?
(a) He reassure Frances.
(b) He is grateful to Sarah.
(c) He is angry with Mehuru.
(d) He yells at Frances.
4. What is the primary decor of The Cole's new house in Queens Square?
5. What does Josiah tell Frances about the house in Queens Square?
(a) They cannot bring the slaves.
(b) Sarah will be living with them.
(c) They have bought it.
(d) They cannot afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frances do when Mehuru tells her about Died of Shame?
2. Which example is NOT a concern for an uninsured slave trader?
3. At the beginning of chapter 22, what does Frances ask Josiah for?
4. What was the name of the ship that Josiah's father used to start the business?
5. How does Frances feel about owning slaves?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)