|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Nine through Thirty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does Mehuru tell Frances about friendship?
(a) "Only lonely people need friends."
(b) "Only a free man can give friendship."
(c) "Black and whites cannot be friends."
(d) "I have never had a friend."
2. In Chapter 30, why is Josiah so irritated with Frances?
(a) He finds out about Mehuru.
(b) Frances has been mean to Sarah.
(c) He finds her advice useless.
(d) He realizes he is in over his head financially.
3. In Lord Scott's letter to Frances, who does he say is a good acquaintance to have?
(b) Mr. Waring.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) Mr. Shores.
4. In Chapter 18, what does Josiah tell Frances that worries her?
(a) Mr. Waring aks him to look at a mine.
(b) The slaves are being sold.
(c) Two more houses came up for sale in Queens Square.
(d) Sarah is angry.
5. Who is Mehuru's servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Caesar tell Mehuru that causes Mehuru to become emotional?
3. What does Mehuru envision when Elizabeth asks what is wrong with Frances?
4. When Sir Charles visits, what does he tell Frances and Sarah he will purchase for the slaves?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Frances feel when she tries to teach the slaves?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)