|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah reassure Frances about the slaves?
(a) She tells her they are canibals.
(b) She tells her they will be treated as servants.
(c) She tells her they will be free.
(d) She tells her they are less than human.
2. How did the locals react to Josiah and Frances as they rode through town?
(a) The locals tried to steal their carriage.
(b) The locals bowed.
(c) The locals cheered.
(d) The locals swore at them.
3. What happens to Frances's skin that surprises Mehuru?
(a) It turns purple.
(b) It turns red.
(c) It appears striped.
(d) It turns black.
4. What was Frances's job prior to marrying Josiah?
5. Sir Charles believes what about the slaves?
(a) They are ignorant but easily taught.
(b) They are intelligent and emotional.
(c) They are savage pagans who need the white man.
(d) They are Christians
Short Answer Questions
1. What message is Mehuru delivering to villages in Chapter 2?
2. Complete this sentence: "Bristol is a city of _______, my dear, not leisure."
3. Where does Josiah do most of his negotiating and socializing?
4. What does Frances wish to do but is not permitted to do alone?
5. Who does Sarah think can help them solve the problem with the slaves?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)