|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah reassure Frances about the slaves?
(a) She tells her they will be treated as servants.
(b) She tells her they are less than human.
(c) She tells her they are canibals.
(d) She tells her they will be free.
2. What does "Died of Shame" eat?
3. What are mulatto slaves?
(a) Slaves from the Yoruban Tribe.
(b) English Slaves.
(c) White slaves.
(d) Half white half black.
4. How does Mehuru's God appear to him in his mind?
(a) As a tiger.
(b) As an alligator.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a bear.
5. How can Sarah Cole be described?
(a) Cruel and vengeful.
(b) Sensitive and compassionate.
(c) Humorous and fun.
(d) Straightforward and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message is Mehuru delivering to villages in Chapter 2?
2. How many slaves does Captain Lisle say he will be bringing to Josiah?
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 1?
4. What was Josiah's father considered when he originally bought his home and warehouse?
5. What do the slaves realize they will have to do at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)