|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Five through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah want to teach Frances?
(a) How to sail a ship.
(b) How to clean thehouse.
(c) How to be a lady.
(d) How to balance the ships' books.
2. What does Mehuru dream that comes true?
(a) Drowning at sea.
(b) Being trapped on a ship out at sea.
(c) Being told what to do.
(d) Being a wealthy tribesman.
3. What group is Josiah desperate to be a part of?
(a) The Merchant Venturers.
(b) The Scott Family.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The Parliament.
4. How are the other slaves treating Mehuru?
(a) As a leader.
(b) As an enemy.
(c) As a father.
(d) As a son.
5. How does Lord Scott react to Josiah's proposal to Frances?
(a) He tells her that her father would be embarassed.
(b) He tells her to wait, true love will come in time.
(c) He tells her traders are bad people.
(d) He tells her he cannot provide her with a better offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Sarah Cole be described?
2. Where does Josiah do most of his negotiating and socializing?
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 1?
4. What does Sarah expect Frances to do with the slaves?
5. What did Frances realize she had over the slaves which she never had before?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)