|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eighteen through Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shore want to buy from Josiah?
(a) Cotton and wool.
(d) Furniture and slaves.
2. What is the relationship between Sarah and Josiah?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(d) Sister and brother.
3. How does Josiah react when he finds out one of the slaves has died?
(a) He is grateful to Sarah.
(b) He reassure Frances.
(c) He is angry with Mehuru.
(d) He yells at Frances.
4. In Chapter 18, what does Sarah tell Frances about their financial situation?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are in debt.
(c) They are losing the house.
(d) They have income from slave trading.
5. Why is Frances so upset at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) She feels sick.
(b) She realizes she is in love with Mehuru.
(c) She misses her Uncle Scott.
(d) She wishes she could dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Frances?
2. At the end of the lesson in Chapter 12, what does Sarah accuse Frances of being?
3. What is Sarah's primary concern about buying a new house?
4. How many ships do The Cole's own?
5. Where did the slaves sleep in the new home?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)