|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eighteen through Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mehuru find it hard to stand up straight?
(a) He sprained his back.
(b) He was dying.
(c) He was emabrassd.
(d) He was used to the metal chains.
2. What does Frances wish to do but is not permitted to do alone?
(a) Teach the slaves.
(b) Go for walks.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Purchase new clothes.
3. What does John Bates do to Died of Shame?
(a) Rapes her.
(b) Frees her.
(c) Feeds her.
(d) Kills her.
4. What happens to Mehuru and Siko in Chapter 2?
(a) They escape capture.
(b) They trade guns with the white man.
(c) They are captured by slave traders.
(d) They free slaves.
5. In Chapter 19, how does Sarah feel when she finds about Josiah's good news?
(a) Indifferent, she is still frugal.
(c) Angry that Josiah did not invite her.
(d) Excited to spend money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the slaves sleep in the new home?
2. What does Josiah promise Frances he will buy before she arrives in Bristol?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Sarah tell Frances about their financial situation?
4. What does Mehru see when he looks into Died of Shame's eyes?
5. How does Mehuru help Died of Shame?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)