Chapters One through Four
1. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 1?
2. What does Josiah ask of Frances in their first letter correspondence?
(a) He asks to meet her uncle.
(b) He asks her to be his wife.
(c) He asks her to invest in the trade.
(d) He asks her to travel with him to Africa.
3. Who is Mehuru's servant?
4. What is the relationship between Lord Scott and Frances?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(d) Father and daughter.
5. What is the relationship between Sarah and Josiah?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Uncle and niece.
(d) Sister and brother.
6. How does Lord Scott react to Josiah's proposal to Frances?
(a) He tells her he cannot provide her with a better offer.
(b) He tells her traders are bad people.
(c) He tells her that her father would be embarassed.
(d) He tells her to wait, true love will come in time.
This section contains 4,203 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)