|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the private investigators advise Catherine to not pursue Antonio any longer?
(a) She will only get hurt.
(b) Ralph has called off the search.
(c) He is no good.
(d) They are not sure he is the right person.
2. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She moved back to Italy.
(c) She broke her neck in a fall.
(d) She died in a fire.
3. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
(a) She saved his life.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful.
(c) She intrigues him.
(d) He is too lonesome and desperate.
4. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
(a) Catherine and Mrs. Larsen.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(d) Catherine and the doctor.
5. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
2. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
3. What is Catherine's last name?
4. What day does Ralph choose to marry Catherine?
5. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Truitt's mother stabbing him with a needle and then the resulting scar that reminds him of the act?
2. What internal conflict does a youthful Truitt experience during his days of debauchery in Europe?
3. What is the one expectation that Truitt has of Catherine by sending her to St. Louis?
4. How does Mrs. Larsen show Catherine that she will not stand by and let anyone else hurt Truitt?
5. Describe the scenario where Catherine observes Antonio in the restaurant.
6. What does Truitt tell Catherine about his life with Emilia and the house he built for her?
7. What significance does the loss of Catherine's jewelry serve symbolically and as an element of foreshadowing?
8. What does Truitt's wish to have Antonio back foreshadow for the story?
9. How is Ralph described by the emotions he wears on his face as well as his obsession with sex?
10. Who are the two main characters in A RELIABLE WIFE?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)