|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
2. What bothers Catherine about her plan to get rid of Ralph now?
(a) Her conscience is starting to bother her.
(b) She has fallen in love with him.
(c) She could not bear being imprisoned if caught.
(d) It will be more difficult if there is a son in the picture.
3. What name does Antonio go by in St. Louis?
(a) Tony Truitt.
(b) Andy Trask.
(c) Tony Moretti.
(d) Adam Trask.
4. What day does Ralph choose to marry Catherine?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Easter Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
5. What is Ralph's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
2. Who is Catherine?
3. In what state does the novel take place?
4. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
5. What topic does Catherine research in the library in St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one expectation that Truitt has of Catherine by sending her to St. Louis?
2. What is Ralph Truitt doing as the novel begins?
3. What significance does the loss of Catherine's jewelry serve symbolically and as an element of foreshadowing?
4. Who are the two main characters in A RELIABLE WIFE?
5. Describe the scenario where Catherine observes Antonio in the restaurant.
6. What role does deception play in the relationship between Catherine and Truitt?
7. What is the significance of the canary that Catherine purchases?
8. How does Catherine maintain a low profile in St. Louis even though she is excited by being in the city?
9. What were the circumstances in which Emilia left Truitt?
10. What themes does the author introduce early in the story?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)