|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Sweetly pleasant.
(b) Stunningly beautiful.
(c) Quite plain.
(d) Very voluptuous.
2. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She embroiders a doily.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She stares at herself in a mirror.
(d) She reads a book.
3. What does Catherine like about St. Louis?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The excitement.
(c) The cuisine.
(d) The architecture.
4. What topic does Catherine research in the library in St. Louis?
(a) Gourmet cuisine.
(d) Italian secret gardens.
5. Antonio says his true family is in what type of business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have detectives found Antonio after he has been gone for years?
2. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
3. What color is the small bottle that Catherine pays attention to while unpacking?
4. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
5. What does Catherine constantly imagine herself doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two metaphors the author creates by having Antonio fall through the thin ice?
2. What does Antonio reveal to Catherine about his mother's death and what does he say he feels towards his father?
3. Describe the scenario where Catherine observes Antonio in the restaurant.
4. What is Ralph Truitt doing as the novel begins?
5. What is the significance of Catherine's clothing in the story?
6. What does Truitt's wish to have Antonio back foreshadow for the story?
7. Who are the two main characters in A RELIABLE WIFE?
8. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio and why does she write to Truitt about her upcoming visit?
9. What does Catherine do to show that she is no longer trying to poison Truitt and is going to help him heal?
10. What is the link between poison and passion for Truitt at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)