|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ralph's daughter die?
(a) She had influenza.
(b) She had leukemia.
(c) She had heart disease.
(d) She drowned.
2. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Boards a train to St. Louis.
(b) Sleeps until noon.
(c) Hosts a brunch.
(d) Polishes the silver.
3. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Run away with a young lover.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Open a hospital.
(d) Stay with him until he dies.
4. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
(a) Murderous thoughts.
(b) Lustful thoughts.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
5. What had Ralph done when he caught Emilia and her lover together?
(a) Nearly beat the man to death.
(b) Shot Emilia.
(c) Shot the man.
(d) Whipped the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ralph do after college?
2. In what state does the novel take place?
3. What does Catherine pay particular attention to as she unpacks?
4. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
5. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)