|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(c) A home.
2. Why did Ralph's father send him a large amount of money in Italy?
(a) To buy paintings.
(b) To give to the Catholic Church.
(c) To give to Emilia's family.
(d) To buy a new carriage.
3. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A piano teacher.
(d) A ranch hand.
4. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Stay with him until he dies.
(b) Open a hospital.
(c) Run away with a young lover.
(d) Travel the world.
5. How does Ralph express his longing for Catherine?
(a) He gropes her.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He buys her things.
(d) He writes poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ralph go away to college?
2. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
3. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
4. Which of the following does Catherine NOT recall as she waits for Ralph to get better?
5. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)