|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the novel take place?
2. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) He is sorry for upsetting her.
(b) He is thankful she is with him.
(c) The doctor has an office in town.
(d) The horses know the way home.
3. What does Catherine sew into the hem of her dress?
(a) A photograph.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The beautiful trees.
(c) The destruction.
(d) The children playing.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
2. What startles the horses of Ralph's carriage?
3. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
4. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
5. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)