|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) A frozen river.
(b) The woods.
(c) The next town.
(d) The ditch.
2. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
(a) The children playing.
(b) The beautiful trees.
(c) The isolation.
(d) The destruction.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) An adventurer.
(b) A reliable wife.
(c) A business partner.
(d) A mother for his children.
5. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She embroiders a doily.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She stares at herself in a mirror.
(d) She reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
2. What is Ralph's last name?
3. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
4. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
5. What does Catherine lose in the carriage accident?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)