|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
(b) People are firing questions at him.
(c) The train is late.
(d) He is feeling nauseous.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
4. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She takes a nap.
(b) She embroiders a doily.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She stares at herself in a mirror.
5. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The next town.
(b) The woods.
(c) The ditch.
(d) A frozen river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine lose in the carriage accident?
2. What is Ralph's last name?
3. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
4. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
5. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)