|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
(a) His mail order bride.
(b) A shipment of boots.
(c) A shipment of furniture.
(d) His son.
2. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She embroiders a doily.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She stares at herself in a mirror.
3. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) A mother for his children.
(b) A reliable wife.
(c) A business partner.
(d) An adventurer.
4. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The woods.
(b) The next town.
(c) A frozen river.
(d) The ditch.
5. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Svenson.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Gleason.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Borg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
2. Who is Catherine?
3. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
4. What does Catherine sew into the hem of her dress?
5. Why is Ralph surprised by Catherine's appearance?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)