|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
2. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The next town.
(b) A frozen river.
(c) The woods.
(d) The ditch.
3. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
(a) A shipment of furniture.
(b) A shipment of boots.
(c) His son.
(d) His mail order bride.
4. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(d) A home.
5. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) The doctor has an office in town.
(b) He is thankful she is with him.
(c) He is sorry for upsetting her.
(d) The horses know the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
2. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
3. Why is Ralph surprised by Catherine's appearance?
4. Ralph is obsessed with __________________.
5. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)