|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She decides to move to Baltimore.
(b) She thinks about killing herself.
(c) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(d) She decides to kill Antonio.
2. How does Ralph express his longing for Catherine?
(a) He writes poetry.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He buys her things.
(d) He gropes her.
3. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) The doctor has an office in town.
(b) He is thankful she is with him.
(c) He is sorry for upsetting her.
(d) The horses know the way home.
4. What does Catherine pay particular attention to as she unpacks?
(a) Her cosmetics.
(b) A small bottle.
(c) A brooch.
(d) Her hats.
5. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
2. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
3. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
4. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
5. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)