|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ralph's father send him a large amount of money in Italy?
(a) To buy a new carriage.
(b) To give to Emilia's family.
(c) To buy paintings.
(d) To give to the Catholic Church.
2. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
(a) He will take her to California with him.
(b) He will build a new house for her.
(c) He will get rid of her in a couple of days.
(d) He will make her his new business partner.
3. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(b) A home.
4. Who is Catherine?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's mail order bride.
(c) Ralph's housekeeper.
(d) Ralph's first wife.
5. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(b) Burned him with a candle.
(c) Refused to feed him for two days.
(d) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine has studied which language?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
4. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
5. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)