|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lemkin believes that both the ___________ and _________ existence of groups needs to be preserved.
(a) Cultural; psychological.
(b) Financial; physical.
(c) National; cultural.
(d) Physical; cultural.
2. The Allies have ____________ intelligence on Hitler's extermination of European Jews.
(b) A great deal of.
(c) Very little.
3. In the Preface, Power describes a _____-year-old Sarajevan who was killed in a bombing.
4. What is not yet invented at the time the Armenian genocide takes places and is therefore not available as a means by which to communicate news and information about it?
5. America officially ________, and Turkey officially _____________, the Armenian genocide. This stance is true with both countries to this day.
(a) Denies, denies.
(b) Acknowledges, denies.
(c) Ignores, acknowledges.
(d) Ignores, denies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Szmul Zygielbojm die?
2. What term does the Allied condemnation apply to Turkey's persecution of the Armenians?
3. Henry Morgenthau, a U.S. ambassador, contests America's lack of action in opposing the Armenian genocide. To which country is Morgenthau assigned?
4. What is the name of the book that Lemkin publishes in his attempt to help people believe the claims?
5. Armenians who are not killed are deported by force to camps in what country?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)