|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governmental position does Mehmed Talaat, who conducts the genocide, hold?
(a) Prime minister.
(b) Minister of public safety.
(c) Crown prince.
(d) Interior minister.
2. For what event is Lemkin invited to Spain to read his paper?
(a) International humanitarian conference.
(b) International genocide conference.
(c) International law conference.
(d) International political conference.
3. What term does the Allied condemnation apply to Turkey's persecution of the Armenians?
(b) Crimes against humanity.
(c) Ethnic cleansing.
4. In what city is Szmul Zygielbojm, the man who releases a report prepared by an underground Jewish society in Poland that detailed the tactics Nazis were using to kill the Jews, located?
5. What bad news does Zygielbojm receive in 1943?
(a) His wife and child had died at Auschwitz.
(b) He was to be deported to Treblinka.
(c) His wife had died in the Krakow ghetto.
(d) His wife and child had died in the Warsaw ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the Armenian genocide, which kills nearly 1 million people, take place?
2. What group of people does Lemkin crusade on behalf of?
3. What American institution presents some discussion on actions that the U.S. could have taken to help Jews?
4. America officially ________, and Turkey officially _____________, the Armenian genocide. This stance is true with both countries to this day.
5. The nationalists who kill the young Sarajevan of whom Power spoke are of what ethnicity?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)