|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the Allied condemnation apply to Turkey's persecution of the Armenians?
(b) Ethnic cleansing.
(d) Crimes against humanity.
2. Turkey claims its actions are necessary to suppress _______________.
(a) Armenian revolt.
(b) A disease outbreak among the Armenians.
(c) Armenian attempts to convert Turkey's Muslims to Christianity.
(d) Armenian birth rates.
3. On what date does the Allied government condemn Turkey's action against the Armenians?
(a) May 24, 1915.
(b) May 15, 1919.
(c) May 19, 1915.
(d) May 15, 1924.
4. For what event is Lemkin invited to Spain to read his paper?
(a) International law conference.
(b) International genocide conference.
(c) International political conference.
(d) International humanitarian conference.
5. The Allies have ____________ intelligence on Hitler's extermination of European Jews.
(b) A great deal of.
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of many countries to refugees that they knew would be killed if forced to return to Germany?
2. Lemkin had long been fascinated by ____________.
3. Henry Morgenthau, a U.S. ambassador, contests America's lack of action in opposing the Armenian genocide. To which country is Morgenthau assigned?
4. Ultimately, Lemkin's fight is for an international law on ________________.
5. America officially ________, and Turkey officially _____________, the Armenian genocide. This stance is true with both countries to this day.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)