|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the Allied government condemn Turkey's action against the Armenians?
(a) May 15, 1919.
(b) May 24, 1915.
(c) May 19, 1915.
(d) May 15, 1924.
2. In what city is Szmul Zygielbojm, the man who releases a report prepared by an underground Jewish society in Poland that detailed the tactics Nazis were using to kill the Jews, located?
3. Why does Lemkin flee to Lithuania and then Sweden in 1939?
(a) Turkey puts a bounty on his head.
(b) France is seeking his extradition.
(c) Hitler invades Poland.
(d) The Polish government wants to arrest him.
4. What term does the Allied condemnation apply to Turkey's persecution of the Armenians?
(a) Ethnic cleansing.
(b) Crimes against humanity.
5. Power witnesses the Serbs' takeover of:
Short Answer Questions
1. The nationalists who kill the young Sarajevan of whom Power spoke are of what ethnicity?
2. What is Raphael Lemkin's profession?
3. Serbian forces executed over 7,000 Muslims in a _____________.
4. What American institution presents some discussion on actions that the U.S. could have taken to help Jews?
5. Who coins the word "genocide" to describe the atrocities in Nazi Germany and in Turkey?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)