|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Lemkin publishes in his attempt to help people believe the claims?
(a) Hitler's Extermination Program in Occupied Europe.
(b) Axis Rule in Occupied Europe.
(c) Occupied Europe under Axis Rule.
(d) The Jewish Solution.
2. Whom does Iraq's president appoint as secretary-general of the Northern Bureau?
(a) Tariq Aziz.
(b) Saddam Hussein.
(c) Nour al-Maliki.
(d) Ali Hassan al-Majid.
3. Out of a population of 7 million souls, approximately how many people does the Khmer Rouge kill in its three-and-a-half-year rule?
(a) Two million.
(b) Six million.
(c) Half a million.
(d) Five million.
4. What happens on Dec. 11, 1946?
(a) The last concentration camp is liberated.
(b) World War II ends.
(c) The General Assembly defeates a resolution condemning genocide
(d) The General Assembly passes a resolution condemning genocide.
5. Out of an overall population of 18 million Iraqis, how many are "problematic" (according to the government) Kurds?
(a) 10 million.
(c) 4 million.
(d) 8 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proportion of United Nations member states must ratify a measure before it becomes international law?
2. Why doesn't the international community prosecute individuals for their roles in exterminating millions of German Jews?
3. From 1983 to 1988, the United States gives Iraq more than ____________ per year in credit so that Iraq could purchase American products.
4. In what country does the Khmer Rouge conduct its genocidal campaign?
5. How do most of the Kurds killed by the Iraqis die?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)