|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Zygielbojm receive in 1943?
(a) His wife and child had died at Auschwitz.
(b) His wife and child had died in the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) His wife had died in the Krakow ghetto.
(d) He was to be deported to Treblinka.
2. Henry Morgenthau, a U.S. ambassador, contests America's lack of action in opposing the Armenian genocide. To which country is Morgenthau assigned?
(c) The Ottoman Empire (Turkey).
3. Lemkin realizes that for a genocide convention to be passed and ratified, he needs to appeal to the _____________ of the delegates.
(b) Foreign political interests.
(c) Intellect and emotions.
(d) Domestic political interests.
4. When the United States sets up the Committee on Armenian Atrocities, what does the group not call for on behalf of the Armenians?
(a) Public awareness.
(b) Diplomatic intervention.
(c) Financial relief.
(d) Military intervention.
5. President Carter makes the first public condemnation of the Khmer Rouge in ____1978.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Szmul Zygielbojm, the man who releases a report prepared by an underground Jewish society in Poland that detailed the tactics Nazis were using to kill the Jews, located?
2. From 1983 to 1988, the United States gives Iraq more than ____________ per year in credit so that Iraq could purchase American products.
3. What is the name of the leader of the Khmer Rouge?
4. Who coins the word "genocide" to describe the atrocities in Nazi Germany and in Turkey?
5. There has been __________ public recognition of the Allies' inaction with regard to the Holocaust.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)