|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Polish diplomat and Roman Catholic who infiltrates first the Warsaw ghetto and later a death camp in order to report on Jewish suffering?
(a) Szmul Zygielbojm.
(b) Karol Wojtyla.
(c) Jan Karski.
(d) Lech Walesa.
2. What proportion of United Nations member states must ratify a measure before it becomes international law?
3. In 1948, Lemkin flies to _____________ to lobby the subcommittee that was preparing the actual text of the convention.
4. The enforcement mechanisms spelled out in the convention are more explicit about _____________ than _________ of genocide.
(a) Definition; prevention.
(b) Exemptions from; punishment.
(c) Prevention; punishment.
(d) Punishment; prevention.
5. What issue plagues the genocide convention?
(a) State prejudices against certain ethnic groups.
(b) State sovereignty.
(c) International unity.
(d) Political ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Iraq's president appoint as secretary-general of the Northern Bureau?
2. As the resolution is discussed, some delegates advocate the use of ____________ instead of "genocide."
3. The Allies have ____________ intelligence on Hitler's extermination of European Jews.
4. The term "class enemy" that is used by the Khmer Rouge often translated into which group of people?
5. How does Szmul Zygielbojm die?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)