|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Iraqi government orders Kurds to move into collective centers, any Kurd who remains in a prohibited area is:
(a) Tortured, then executed.
(b) Considered a traitor and tortured.
(c) Forcibly relocated.
(d) Considered a traitor and executed.
2. When the United States sets up the Committee on Armenian Atrocities, what does the group not call for on behalf of the Armenians?
(a) Financial relief.
(b) Military intervention.
(c) Public awareness.
(d) Diplomatic intervention.
3. Turkey claims its actions are necessary to suppress _______________.
(a) Armenian birth rates.
(b) Armenian attempts to convert Turkey's Muslims to Christianity.
(c) Armenian revolt.
(d) A disease outbreak among the Armenians.
4. On what date is the law banning genocide passed?
(a) December 21, 1950.
(b) Not applicable; it was defeated on December 9, 1948.
(c) December 8, 1949.
(d) December 9, 1948.
5. In what city is Szmul Zygielbojm, the man who releases a report prepared by an underground Jewish society in Poland that detailed the tactics Nazis were using to kill the Jews, located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Western journalists, including _______________, still in the country describe Khmer Rouge brutality and report accounts from refugees.
2. What is the name of the Polish diplomat and Roman Catholic who infiltrates first the Warsaw ghetto and later a death camp in order to report on Jewish suffering?
3. What bad news does Zygielbojm receive in 1943?
4. How many chemical attacks take place against the Kurds throughout Iraq?
5. What is the name of the leader of the Khmer Rouge?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)