|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the beach when Lanik lands near Anderson?
2. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
3. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
4. After wandering through Wood and Hank, where does Lanik finally arrive?
5. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
2. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
3. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
4. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
5. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
6. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
7. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
8. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
9. How does Dinte die?
10. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics and roles of the Andersons and the Schwartzes in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following regions in the story:
Essay Topic 3
Lanik has the opportunity to experience life in the country of his birth, and life in the country of his choosing.
a. Compare and contrast the living conditions in Mueller versus the living conditions in Britton. Include inhabitants, living conditions, pace of life, opportunities, and attitudes in your answer.
b. What are the biggest differences to Lanik between Mueller and Britton?
c. What, if anything, does Lanik like about Mueller?
d. What, if anything, does Lanik wish would change in Britton?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)