|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
2. What does Lanik hope to eliminate by ending the domination of Anderson?
3. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
4. What word best describes Gill?
5. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lanik is banished from Mueller, his departure has significant consequences on many levels. Discuss what these consequences are, which characters are mildly affected, and which characters are most prominently affected. How do the characters' lives change?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "A Planet Called Treason". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Lanik's life?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)