|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lanik heal after an assassination attempt on the lord and Lanik?
2. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
3. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
4. Why are the people in Ku Kuei bored?
5. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dinte die?
2. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
3. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
4. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
5. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
6. What does Lanik reveal to his father upon returning to the surface after his descent into the rock?
7. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
8. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
9. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
10. How do the Nkumai treat Lanik's double when they first find him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's clear that each region has unique characteristics.
a. How is Ku Kuei different from the other regions? Give three examples.
b. How is Nkumai different from the other regions? Give three examples.
c. How do the differences among the regions create additional angst in the story, and in Laniks's life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following regions in the story:
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "A Planet Called Treason". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Lanik's life?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)