|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
2. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
3. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
4. What are the Schwartzes known as?
5. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
Essay Topic 1
Lanik's journey parallels many people's journey from adolescence into adulthood. Examine how Lanik's journey parallels the journey from adolescence to adulthood, and provide examples of each stage in Lanik's journey. Be sure to examine his journey using the entire novel from beginning to end.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following regions in the story:
Essay Topic 3
When regeneratives gather and become overwhelmed with grief, they always complete a specific grieving ritual.
a. Describe the regeneratives' grief ritual.
b. Why do they conduct this ritual in this manner?
c. What do they accomplish by participating in this ritual?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)