Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
2. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
Essay Topic 1
Lanik visits a number of interesting and unique places as he travels throughout the lands. Pick any three places and describe each place in detail. Then, compare and contrast these three lands that you've chosen in terms of village layouts, talents, and skills acquired and used, and the characteristics of the inhabitants of each land.
Essay Topic 2
It's clear that each region has unique characteristics.
a. How is Ku Kuei different from the other regions? Give three examples.
b. How is Nkumai different from the other regions? Give three examples.
c. How do the differences among the regions create additional angst in the story, and in Laniks's life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lanik at the beginning and end of the story. How does Lanik's personality and character change as the story progresses? How does Lanik's role in world events change? How do the different places he visits change him? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)