|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
2. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
3. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
4. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
5. What word best describes Gill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
2. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
3. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
4. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
5. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
6. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
7. How does Dinte die?
8. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
9. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
10. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, there are several characters who attempt to kill Lanik.
a. Identify three characters who try to kill Lanik. Describe the situation and how Lanik escapes.
b. Compare and contrast the characters that try to kill Lanik, as well as these characters' motivations.
Essay Topic 2
Banishment to the planet Treason is a particularly severe punishment because Treason has no iron. Discuss the role of iron in the story. What is it used for? What is it traded for? How does iron drive the plot? Give examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics and roles of the Andersons and the Schwartzes in the story.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)