|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
2. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
Essay Topic 1
When Lanik get hurts during the escape from Nkumai, his double regenerates from part of Lanik's intestine that spills onto the ground.
a. How does this situation test Lanik's moral strength?
b. In what ways does Lanik's double continue to affect Lanik's life even though Lanik has left his double behind?
c. How might the story change if Lanik brought his double with him? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the conflict between reality and illusion plays out.
a. Identify three scenarios in which reality and illusion are at odds. What is the impact of this conflict on the situation and on the characters involved?
b. How can the conflict between reality and illusion be explained? Can the two ever co-exist? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lanik at the beginning and end of the story. How does Lanik's personality and character change as the story progresses? How does Lanik's role in world events change? How do the different places he visits change him? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)