|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
2. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
3. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
4. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
5. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
2. How does Dinte die?
3. What does Lanik reveal to his father upon returning to the surface after his descent into the rock?
4. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
5. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
6. How do the Nkumai treat Lanik's double when they first find him?
7. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
8. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
9. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
10. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lanik at the beginning and end of the story. How does Lanik's personality and character change as the story progresses? How does Lanik's role in world events change? How do the different places he visits change him? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many key people help Lanik transform from the young man he is at the beginning of the story to the peacemaker who ends up saving the world. Compare and contrast the characteristics and traits of Teacher and Helmut. Be sure to include an examination of the teachings and lessons each character imparts to Lanik. Support your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "A Planet Called Treason". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Lanik's life?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)