Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
2. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
Essay Topic 1
It's clear that each region has unique characteristics.
a. How is Ku Kuei different from the other regions? Give three examples.
b. How is Nkumai different from the other regions? Give three examples.
c. How do the differences among the regions create additional angst in the story, and in Laniks's life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics and roles of the Andersons and the Schwartzes in the story.
Essay Topic 3
When Lanik get hurts during the escape from Nkumai, his double regenerates from part of Lanik's intestine that spills onto the ground.
a. How does this situation test Lanik's moral strength?
b. In what ways does Lanik's double continue to affect Lanik's life even though Lanik has left his double behind?
c. How might the story change if Lanik brought his double with him? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)