Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
2. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
Essay Topic 1
Lanik's journey parallels many people's journey from adolescence into adulthood. Examine how Lanik's journey parallels the journey from adolescence to adulthood, and provide examples of each stage in Lanik's journey. Be sure to examine his journey using the entire novel from beginning to end.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lanik at the beginning and end of the story. How does Lanik's personality and character change as the story progresses? How does Lanik's role in world events change? How do the different places he visits change him? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Banishment to the planet Treason is a particularly severe punishment because Treason has no iron. Discuss the role of iron in the story. What is it used for? What is it traded for? How does iron drive the plot? Give examples to support your answer.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)