|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
2. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
3. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
4. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
5. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
2. What makes Nkumai so frightening to Lanik?
3. There are only a few ambassadors in Nkumai. Why?
4. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
5. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
6. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
7. What does the young boy in the desert teach Lanik?
8. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
9. How does Lanik escape from his prison high in the trees?
10. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following regions in the story:
Essay Topic 2
Lanik's radical regeneration affects the storyline in a multitude of ways.
a. Describe three different story lines that unfold as a direct result of Lanik being a radical regenerative.
b. How does becoming a radical regenerative affect Lanik? How does Lanik's condition affect the people around him?
c. In Lanik's situation, how would you react to these circumstances? Can you understand Lanik's reactions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lanik has the opportunity to experience life in the country of his birth, and life in the country of his choosing.
a. Compare and contrast the living conditions in Mueller versus the living conditions in Britton. Include inhabitants, living conditions, pace of life, opportunities, and attitudes in your answer.
b. What are the biggest differences to Lanik between Mueller and Britton?
c. What, if anything, does Lanik like about Mueller?
d. What, if anything, does Lanik wish would change in Britton?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)