|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
2. What does Lanik realize as he watches the people who make their home in the desert?
3. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
4. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
5. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mwabao Mawa.
2. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
3. When Lanik finally comes to after collapsing in the desert, what occurs to help him realize that he may not die?
4. What does the old soldier hope that Lanik will learn from the books the soldier has?
5. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
6. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
7. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
8. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
9. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
10. Why does Lanik claim to be from the land of Bird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics and roles of the Andersons and the Schwartzes in the story.
Essay Topic 2
When Lanik get hurts during the escape from Nkumai, his double regenerates from part of Lanik's intestine that spills onto the ground.
a. How does this situation test Lanik's moral strength?
b. In what ways does Lanik's double continue to affect Lanik's life even though Lanik has left his double behind?
c. How might the story change if Lanik brought his double with him? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "A Planet Called Treason". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Lanik's life?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)