|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
2. After he reaches the ground, what leaks out of Lanik and falls on the ground?
3. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
4. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
5. What is the currency on the planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
2. Describe Dinte's character.
3. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
4. When Lanik finally comes to after collapsing in the desert, what occurs to help him realize that he may not die?
5. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
6. How are people in Nkumai known?
7. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
8. Describe Mwabao Mawa.
9. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
10. What does the old soldier hope that Lanik will learn from the books the soldier has?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, the conflict between reality and illusion plays out.
a. Identify three scenarios in which reality and illusion are at odds. What is the impact of this conflict on the situation and on the characters involved?
b. How can the conflict between reality and illusion be explained? Can the two ever co-exist? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "A Planet Called Treason". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Lanik's life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following regions in the story:
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)