|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
(b) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(c) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
(d) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
2. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is courageous.
(b) That he is faithful.
(c) That he is timid.
(d) That he is a hypocrite.
3. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
4. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
5. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
2. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
3. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
4. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
5. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
2. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
3. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
4. Describe the land of Britton.
5. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
6. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
7. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
8. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
9. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
10. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)