|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Gill?
2. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
(a) Lanik plans to walk across the ocean.
(b) Lanik plans to hire a guide.
(c) Lanik plans to hire a carriage.
(d) Lanik plans to steal a horse.
3. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Trick others.
(b) Ambush travelers.
(c) Help arm soldiers.
(d) Hide amongst the trees.
4. As the innkeeper in Jones and Lanik talk, the innkeeper learns from Lanik's speech pattern that Lanik is educated. What does the innkeeper realize that Lanik's education means?
(a) Lanik has also fallen from a high station.
(b) Lanik has been run out by the king.
(c) Lanik has been educated in Nkumai.
(d) Lanik has been working for the king.
5. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
(a) By walking on water.
(b) Using quicktime.
(c) On horseback.
(d) Using a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lanik is away, who is killed in Gill?
2. What is the name of the lord's servant?
3. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
4. What does Lanik hope to eliminate by ending the domination of Anderson?
5. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the land of Britton.
2. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
3. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
4. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
5. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
6. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
7. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
8. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
9. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
10. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)