|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By flogging.
(b) By burning.
(c) By maiming.
(d) By chopping.
2. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That justice always prevails.
(c) That Lanik is in control.
(d) That Lanik has a soul.
3. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
(a) Mwabao Mawa.
(b) An Anderson illuder.
(c) Lanik's double.
(d) Lanik's father.
4. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) One hour.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
5. What word best describes Gill?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
2. When Mwabao recognizes Lanik, what does Lanik see in her eyes?
3. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
2. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
3. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
4. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
5. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
6. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
7. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
8. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
9. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
10. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)