|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Live in the trees.
(b) Read minds.
(c) Forage for food.
(d) Alter time.
2. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Keep walking.
(c) Find shelter.
(d) Find food.
3. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
(a) The King of Nkumai.
(b) The Lord of Ku Kuei.
(c) The Prince of Allison.
(d) The Duke of Forestedge.
4. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
5. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
(a) The impostor's face has a scar over the left eye.
(b) The impostor's face still displayed innocence.
(c) The impostor's face is beautiful.
(d) The impostor's face is no longer white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
2. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
3. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
4. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
5. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dinte die?
2. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
3. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
4. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
5. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
6. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
7. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
8. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
9. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
10. How do the Nkumai treat Lanik's double when they first find him?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)