|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the great illusionists and deceivers from?
(d) Ku Kuei.
2. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(c) Ku Kuei.
3. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A ghost.
(c) A supernatural being.
(d) An evil spirit.
4. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
(b) Lifelong imprisonment.
(d) Community service.
5. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
(a) A mad soldier.
(b) Lanik's guide.
(c) A beautiful young girl.
(d) Lanik's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
2. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
3. While Lanik is away, who is killed in Gill?
4. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
5. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
2. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
3. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
4. Describe the land of Britton.
5. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
6. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
7. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
8. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
9. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
10. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)