|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
(a) The sight of the Schwartzes coming together.
(b) The terrible scream of the Earth.
(c) The sight of Barton being beheaded.
(d) Being disowned by the Schwartzes.
2. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
(a) Lanik plans to steal a horse.
(b) Lanik plans to hire a guide.
(c) Lanik plans to walk across the ocean.
(d) Lanik plans to hire a carriage.
3. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
4. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
5. In Britton, what is a person who tends sheep called?
(a) A Guider.
(b) A Humper.
(c) A Herder.
(d) A Sheepster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
2. In the throne room in Gill, who initially tries to kill Lanik?
3. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
4. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
5. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
2. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
3. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
4. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
5. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
6. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
7. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
8. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
9. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
10. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)