|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
2. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(b) A fast horse.
(d) Their energy.
3. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
(a) To save Saranna.
(b) To restore his father's kingdom.
(c) To help right the wrongs in the world.
(d) To save himself from the temptation of time travel.
4. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
(a) Using a carriage.
(b) By walking on water.
(c) On horseback.
(d) Using quicktime.
5. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
(a) Lanik's double.
(b) Lanik's father.
(c) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) An Anderson illuder.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
2. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
3. What is the name of the lord's servant?
4. In the throne room in Gill, who initially tries to kill Lanik?
5. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
2. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
3. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
4. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
5. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
6. How does Dinte die?
7. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
8. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
9. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
10. What does Lanik reveal to his father upon returning to the surface after his descent into the rock?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)