|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lanik hope to eliminate by ending the domination of Anderson?
(c) Dependence on iron.
(d) Unfair trade practices.
2. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
(a) A young woman that looks like Saranna.
(b) An old woman that looks like Mother.
(c) A young man that looks like Barton.
(d) An old man that looks like Mwabao.
3. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
(a) By walking on water.
(b) Using quicktime.
(c) On horseback.
(d) Using a carriage.
4. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
(a) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, short, and thin.
(b) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, tall, and fat.
(c) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, tall, and thin.
(d) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, short, and fat.
5. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
2. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
3. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
4. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
5. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
2. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
3. Describe the land of Britton.
4. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
5. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
6. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
7. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
8. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
9. What does Lanik reveal to his father upon returning to the surface after his descent into the rock?
10. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)