|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lord's servant, really?
(a) A great illusionist.
(b) An exuberant child.
(c) A humble man.
(d) A rebel leader.
2. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
3. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik sinks their lake.
(b) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(c) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
(d) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
4. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
(a) A legion of soldiers.
(d) A Nkumai coach.
5. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
(a) Lanik's brother is about to be killed.
(b) Lanik's brother is a terribly incompetent ruler.
(c) Lanik's brother does not appear in any history books.
(d) Lanik's brother has killed Saranna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
2. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
3. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
4. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
5. What is the name of the lord's servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
2. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
3. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
4. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
5. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
6. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
7. How do the Nkumai treat Lanik's double when they first find him?
8. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
9. Describe the land of Britton.
10. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)