|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The ground does not dry.
(b) The birds do not sing.
(c) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
(d) The sun does not go down.
2. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
3. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Help arm soldiers.
(b) Ambush travelers.
(c) Trick others.
(d) Hide amongst the trees.
4. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
(a) A star.
(b) A square.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A circle.
5. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
(a) The impostor's face is no longer white.
(b) The impostor's face still displayed innocence.
(c) The impostor's face is beautiful.
(d) The impostor's face has a scar over the left eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
2. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
3. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
4. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
5. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the land of Britton.
2. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
3. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
4. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
5. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
6. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
7. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
8. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
9. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
10. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)