|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To deny love for another.
(b) To leave a friend behind.
(c) To use magical powers to take a life.
(d) To sacrifice your life for another.
2. According to Lanik, what is the worst thing about quicktime?
(b) Lost experiences.
3. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
(b) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
(c) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(d) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
4. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That Lanik is in control.
(c) That Lanik has a soul.
(d) That justice always prevails.
5. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
(a) The Schwartzes.
(d) The Andersons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
2. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
3. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
4. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
5. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
2. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
3. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
4. How do the Nkumai treat Lanik's double when they first find him?
5. How does Dinte die?
6. Describe the land of Britton.
7. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
8. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
9. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
10. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)