|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
(a) Using quicktime.
(b) By walking on water.
(c) Using a carriage.
(d) On horseback.
2. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate fighters.
(b) The ultimate peacemakers.
(c) The ultimate tricksters.
(d) The ultimate negotiators.
3. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
(b) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(c) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(d) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
4. Who does Lanik heal after an assassination attempt on the lord and Lanik?
5. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
2. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
3. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
4. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
5. What is on the beach when Lanik lands near Anderson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
2. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
3. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
4. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
5. When Lanik confronts the captain of the guard in Gill, what does Lanik tell him?
6. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
7. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
8. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
9. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
10. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)