|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
(a) A mad soldier.
(b) Lanik's girlfriend.
(c) Lanik's guide.
(d) A beautiful young girl.
2. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
(a) When Lanik was just a boy.
(b) When Lanik was in Ku Kuei.
(c) When Lanik was traveling through Allison.
(d) When Lanik arrived in Britton.
3. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(a) Their energy.
(b) A fast horse.
4. As the innkeeper in Jones and Lanik talk, the innkeeper learns from Lanik's speech pattern that Lanik is educated. What does the innkeeper realize that Lanik's education means?
(a) Lanik has been educated in Nkumai.
(b) Lanik has been working for the king.
(c) Lanik has also fallen from a high station.
(d) Lanik has been run out by the king.
5. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
(a) That people have all the time in the world.
(b) That people must leave Treason to be happy.
(c) That people must work to keep the iron supply flowing.
(d) That people must worship the mother world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
2. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
3. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
4. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik expect to see?
5. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
2. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
3. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
4. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
5. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
6. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
7. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
8. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
9. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
10. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)