|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mwabao recognizes Lanik, what does Lanik see in her eyes?
2. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
(c) Ku Kuei.
3. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Live in the trees.
(b) Alter time.
(c) Read minds.
(d) Forage for food.
4. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
(a) By walking on water.
(b) On horseback.
(c) Using quicktime.
(d) Using a carriage.
5. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Ambassadors?
2. In Britton, what is a person who tends sheep called?
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
4. Why are the people in Ku Kuei bored?
5. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
2. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
3. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
4. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
5. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
6. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
7. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
8. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
9. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
10. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)