|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
(a) To haul Dinte to the dungeon.
(b) To beg forgiveness and rule with Dinte.
(c) To shame Dinte regarding their father's death.
(d) To name Dinte as a traitor and kill him.
2. According to Lanik, what is the worst thing about quicktime?
(c) Lost experiences.
3. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
4. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Hide amongst the trees.
(b) Trick others.
(c) Help arm soldiers.
(d) Ambush travelers.
5. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
(a) Keep walking.
(b) Find shelter.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Find food.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
2. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
3. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Schwartzes hesitant to help Lanik in his quest?
2. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
3. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
4. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
5. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
6. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
7. Why does Lanik almost give up his vow of fidelity to Saranna?
8. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
9. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
10. Why does Lanik return to Mueller?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)