|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the character who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson use illusions?
(a) To spook Lanik.
(b) To frighten Lanik.
(c) To teach Lanik.
(d) To impress Lanik.
2. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
3. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
4. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
(a) Saranna becomes an expert teacher.
(b) Saranna becomes enslaved by the Ku Kuei.
(c) Saranna becomes a time traveler.
(d) Saranna becomes a virtual statue.
5. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Live in the trees.
(b) Alter time.
(c) Read minds.
(d) Forage for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
2. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
3. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
4. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
5. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
2. What happens when Lanik goes into quicktime?
3. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
4. What does Lanik reveal to his father upon returning to the surface after his descent into the rock?
5. What does Lanik learn in quicktime about the beautiful cottage on the beach near Anderson?
6. Although Ensel tries to show joy at the comforting environment of the forest, he cannot. Why?
7. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
8. When Lanik realizes the deception taking place in the throne room, why does he not kill the impostors?
9. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
10. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)