|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A supernatural being.
(d) An evil spirit.
2. After wandering through Wood and Hank, where does Lanik finally arrive?
3. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
4. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
5. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(b) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
(c) The mother world's elite guard units.
(d) Snack foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik expect to see?
2. Who is the lord's servant, really?
3. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
4. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
5. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the land of Britton.
2. How does Dinte die?
3. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
4. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
5. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
6. Why do the people of Gill react so harshly when Lanik arrives in their town?
7. Why does Lanik become a legend in Britton?
8. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
9. After seeing Mwabao Mawa in Jones, what does Lanik realize about Mawa?
10. What does Lanik decide he must do in order to save the world?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)