|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
(a) Cruel and sentimental.
(b) Sentimental and kind.
(c) Cruel and loving.
(d) Loving and kind.
2. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Drink the water.
(b) Swim across the lake.
(c) Scale the mountain.
(d) Jump off the cliff.
3. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(b) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(c) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(d) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
4. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
(a) Cut out the regenerative's heart.
(b) Set the regenerative on fire.
(c) Cut off the regenerative's head.
(d) Stab through the regenerative's heart.
5. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
2. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
3. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
4. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
5. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
2. As Lanik languishes in his cell, he has a visitor. What is Lanik's visitor absolutely sure of?
3. When Lanik comes to after passing out in the desert, what does the group of men surrounding him ask?
4. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
5. Describe Mwabao Mawa.
6. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
7. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
8. What makes Nkumai so frightening to Lanik?
9. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
10. Why does Lanik wish he had chosen a particular land when demanding his freedom from the slavers?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)