Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(a) Ku Kuei.
2. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
3. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are ambushed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They bathe and play.
(d) They sleep.
4. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
(c) Bamboo laced with glass.
(d) Wire-edged ropes.
5. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
(a) To be freed unconditionally.
(b) To be set ashore on the nearest land.
(c) To be thrown overboard.
(d) To be given edible food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
2. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
3. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
4. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
5. After receiving a gift from the Earth, what must one do?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lanik leaves Schwartz after asking for help, why is Lanik despondent?
2. Describe the sound Lanik hears when he listens for the voice of the rock.
3. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
4. Describe the land of Britton.
5. There are only a few ambassadors in Nkumai. Why?
6. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
7. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
8. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
9. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
10. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)