|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An angry soldier.
2. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
(a) The library.
(b) The castle's blueprints.
(d) A prisoner.
3. What is the currency on the planet?
4. How does Lanik escape from prison?
(a) Lanik escapes using the ropes.
(b) Lanik escapes using the bird nets.
(c) Lanik escapes using the parachute.
(d) Lanik escapes using the ladders.
5. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
2. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
3. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
4. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
5. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lanik finally accepted into the old lady's house?
2. What makes Nkumai so frightening to Lanik?
3. Describe Mwabao Mawa.
4. How are people in Nkumai known?
5. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
6. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
7. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
8. Describe Dinte's character.
9. Why do the captain and crew eventually beg Lanik for mercy?
10. What has the old soldier done to disrupt the trade involving the radical regeneratives?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)