|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
(a) From a fight.
(b) From a climb.
(c) From an accident.
(d) From a fall.
2. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is worshipped.
(b) He is disowned.
(c) He is crowned.
(d) He is enslaved.
3. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
4. As the story opens, what condition is the main character facing?
(a) Radical regeneration.
(b) Superficial regeneration.
(c) Specific regeneration.
(d) Racial regeneration.
5. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(b) Ku Kuei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
2. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
3. Which wife of Mueller is Lanik's mother?
4. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
5. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik claim to be from the land of Bird?
2. What does the young boy in the desert teach Lanik?
3. Why does Lanik wish he had chosen a particular land when demanding his freedom from the slavers?
4. What has the old soldier done to disrupt the trade involving the radical regeneratives?
5. What makes Nkumai so frightening to Lanik?
6. Why do the captain and crew eventually beg Lanik for mercy?
7. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
8. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
9. Why does Lanik not sever his thumbs in order to escape the cruel bonds?
10. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)