|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land are the slavers from?
(a) Ku Kuei.
2. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(d) Ku Kuei.
3. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
4. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
5. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
(a) From an accident.
(b) From a climb.
(c) From a fall.
(d) From a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lanik realize as he watches the people who make their home in the desert?
2. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
3. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
4. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
5. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the captain and crew eventually beg Lanik for mercy?
2. When Lanik comes to after passing out in the desert, what does the group of men surrounding him ask?
3. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
4. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
5. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
6. When Lanik finally comes to after collapsing in the desert, what occurs to help him realize that he may not die?
7. How are people in Nkumai known?
8. How does Lanik escape from his prison high in the trees?
9. As Lanik languishes in his cell, he has a visitor. What is Lanik's visitor absolutely sure of?
10. There are only a few ambassadors in Nkumai. Why?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)