|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is chastised.
(b) Lanik is beaten.
(c) Lanik is stoned.
(d) Lanik is imprisoned.
2. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Three meters wide.
(b) One meter wide.
(c) Four meters wide.
(d) Two meters wide.
3. What is the currency on the planet?
4. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
(b) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(c) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(d) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
5. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) Sexual favors.
(b) An information exchange.
(c) Monetary compensation.
(d) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
2. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
3. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
4. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
5. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young boy in the desert teach Lanik?
2. What does the old soldier hope that Lanik will learn from the books the soldier has?
3. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
4. Why does Lanik wish he had chosen a particular land when demanding his freedom from the slavers?
5. When Lanik stays in an inn, he realizes just how great the poverty is in this land. How does he realize the extent of the poverty?
6. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
7. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
8. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
9. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
10. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)