|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
(a) Lion fur.
(b) Extra limbs.
(d) Extra livestock.
2. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik has a double.
(b) Lanik has been recaptured.
(c) Lanik is losing too much blood.
(d) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
3. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The meat is overcooked.
(b) The meat is undercooked.
(c) The meat is grisly.
(d) The meat is maggoty.
4. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
(b) Ku Kueilian.
5. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
2. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
3. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
4. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
5. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
2. What does the young boy in the desert teach Lanik?
3. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
4. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
5. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
6. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
7. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
8. There are only a few ambassadors in Nkumai. Why?
9. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
10. Why is Lanik able to escape from the grave that the people of Gill have buried him in?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)