|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
(b) Extra limbs.
(c) Extra livestock.
(d) Lion fur.
2. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
(a) Lanik tolerates her.
(b) Lanik loves her.
(c) Lanik envies her.
(d) Lanik hates her.
3. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
4. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(b) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(c) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(d) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
5. As the story opens, what condition is the main character facing?
(a) Specific regeneration.
(b) Radical regeneration.
(c) Superficial regeneration.
(d) Racial regeneration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
2. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
3. Why is the person helping Lanik finally willing to help him?
4. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
5. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lanik finally accepted into the old lady's house?
2. As Lanik languishes in his cell, he has a visitor. What is Lanik's visitor absolutely sure of?
3. After escaping the castle, what does Lanik learn about his double?
4. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
5. When Lanik finally comes to after collapsing in the desert, what occurs to help him realize that he may not die?
6. Describe Mwabao Mawa.
7. Why does Lanik claim to be from the land of Bird?
8. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
9. When Lanik comes to after passing out in the desert, what does the group of men surrounding him ask?
10. What has the old soldier done to disrupt the trade involving the radical regeneratives?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)