|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(b) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
(c) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(d) Lanik finds it on the ground.
2. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
3. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
(a) It rains.
(b) The people descend to find food.
(c) The sun burns the leaves.
(d) It gets foggy.
4. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through a witch's spell.
(b) Through genetic engineering experiments.
(c) Through a special food.
(d) Through a prophesied message.
5. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
2. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
3. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
4. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
5. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
2. By going into quicktime, what does Lanik learn about the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
3. How does Dinte die?
4. When Lanik comes to after passing out in the desert, what does the group of men surrounding him ask?
5. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
6. Why is Lanik hesitant to tell the innkeeper in Jones his real name?
7. After leaving Mueller and returning to Ku Kuei, how does Lanik treat the people of Ku Kuei?
8. What does Lanik do while staying in Jones?
9. Who does Lanik realize is actually sitting on the throne in Mueller?
10. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)