|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
2. What land are the slavers from?
(b) Ku Kuei.
3. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
4. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(b) To float away to safety.
(c) To land safely on another shore.
(d) To drown.
5. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
2. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
3. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
4. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
5. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
2. How are people in Nkumai known?
3. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
4. What makes Nkumai so frightening to Lanik?
5. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
6. When Lanik stays in an inn, he realizes just how great the poverty is in this land. How does he realize the extent of the poverty?
7. Why is Lanik finally accepted into the old lady's house?
8. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
9. Describe Dinte's character.
10. There are only a few ambassadors in Nkumai. Why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)