|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the land in which the inhabitants live high in the trees?
(b) Ku Kuei.
2. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
(b) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
(c) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(d) Lanik misses Saranna.
3. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A physicist.
(c) An urban planner.
(d) A rebel spy.
4. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
(a) The castle's blueprints.
(b) The library.
(c) A prisoner.
5. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
(a) The person is shot with an arrow.
(b) The person is shot with a bullet.
(c) The person is captured.
(d) The person is set on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
2. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
3. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
4. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
5. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dinte's character.
2. When Lanik finally comes to after collapsing in the desert, what occurs to help him realize that he may not die?
3. Why is Lanik finally accepted into the old lady's house?
4. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
5. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
6. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
7. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
8. When Lanik stays in an inn, he realizes just how great the poverty is in this land. How does he realize the extent of the poverty?
9. As Lanik languishes in his cell, he has a visitor. What is Lanik's visitor absolutely sure of?
10. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)