|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Scale the mountain.
(b) Swim across the lake.
(c) Drink the water.
(d) Jump off the cliff.
2. What land are the slavers from?
(b) Ku Kuei.
3. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
(b) A lake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A cliff.
4. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Two meters wide.
(b) Four meters wide.
(c) Three meters wide.
(d) One meter wide.
5. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(c) Old Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
2. Who is the protagonist's brother?
3. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
4. Why is the person helping Lanik finally willing to help him?
5. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
2. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
3. The group of men in the desert "heals" Lanik. What is the result of the group's healing?
4. Why does Lanik not sever his thumbs in order to escape the cruel bonds?
5. Why do the Nkumai bind their prisoners' hands with cruel bonds?
6. As Lanik languishes in his cell, he has a visitor. What is Lanik's visitor absolutely sure of?
7. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
8. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
9. What does Lanik's body do with all of the energy he is eating?
10. Describe Dinte's character.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)