|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
(a) In the middle of the ocean.
(b) Near the river by Nkumai.
(c) Near Mueller.
(d) Near the worst desert in the world.
2. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
3. As the main character prepares to leave his homeland, what does he notice being kept in pens?
(b) Convicted felons.
(c) Untamed lions.
(d) Radical regeneratives.
4. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is beaten.
(b) Lanik is chastised.
(c) Lanik is stoned.
(d) Lanik is imprisoned.
5. How does Lanik escape from prison?
(a) Lanik escapes using the ropes.
(b) Lanik escapes using the ladders.
(c) Lanik escapes using the bird nets.
(d) Lanik escapes using the parachute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
2. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
3. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
4. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
5. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Lanik completely destroy the land of Anderson?
2. Why does Lanik leave his horse with a stabler and make a hasty escape from Jones?
3. Why do the Schwartzes ultimately decide to help Lanik in his quest?
4. How does Dinte die?
5. What does Lanik figure out while he is being held below deck on the slave ship?
6. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
7. Why is Lanik able to help Vran when she goes into labor?
8. Lanik descends into the rock to better hear the voice, but when he returns to the surface, his father is afraid. Why?
9. How does Lanik escape from his prison high in the trees?
10. What does Mowa reveal about herself just before Lanik escapes?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)